Alpine Slopes Lodge(Keystone)(Great Value!)
$84
$119
Hotwire.com
Ski Tip Lodge(Keystone)
  • Pool
All reviewsblack beansriver runbedroom condored hawk lodgethe kitchengreat family vacationlove riverblack bear condoski tripmurphy bedkeystone resortski schoolperfect locationhot tubdakota lodgeexpedition stationheated underground parking
Reviewed January 1, 2011

For quite some time I have spent a little effort researching the condos I stay in at Keystone. I will only rent a condo if I know EXACTLY what I am getting. VRBO is a good place to look. Generally I only stay in River Run because it is the newest area and easiest to get around. I find that it is great for my family with a 5 year old and 1 year old.

Most recently I stayed in Dakota Lodge which is right next to the largest pool. I stayed in a top floor unit with ski slope views. This condo had beautiful stair step windows, a 40 inch LCD TV with Blu-Ray, a two good beds, stainless steel appliances and all the other niceties you would expect in a well maintained condo. The carpet was clean, but should be replaced soon. The only other thing that was not updated were the counter tops. There was nothing wrong with them, but based on the other things in the condo, granite seems to be in order.

It seems that many people talk about how close a condo is to the gondola. This is important and Dakota Lodge is about a 5 minute walk. However, I think this point is over emphasized by many. I would much rather stay in a Condo that was not directly over retail establishments and part of the main avenue. A couple of extra minutes’ walk time equals a much quieter night’s sleep.

Another point to make is that rental prices in Keystone are VERY reasonable. $350 a night at a major resort during Christmas in a pretty new condo is quite remarkable. I saw even lower prices for last minute reservations. Comparable condos go for two or three times as much in Breck.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank Karen F
Reviewed October 23, 2010

Dear Future Traveller and Conference Organizers;
As an international participant at a conference held at Keystone, I found myself isolated in a remote part of the resort in a building with no attendant, no transportation, and not a scrap of food. I arrived after 10 p.m. nad at 1 p.m. realized that I had not eaten for eight hours or more because of my travels. When I called the "front desk" for assistance with locating vending machine or arranging for delivery of something to raise my blood sugar and curb the hunger pangs, I was told that there would be nothing in my area until 7 a.m. When I called back to him he said that there might be granola bars in the lobby--but there was nothing and I wandered the halls of this empty building crying--and almost dug into a bag of rubbish outside of someone else's room in hopes of finding something, anything to eat. I survived the night by mixing hot water with sugar but felt like I was in prison rather than a resort.
The lack of 24 hour access to food and trasnportation would make me not recommend this place to anyone especially anyone hosting a conference--it is too far outside of Denver and you do not want your guests to feel isolated and risk an un-recognized health emergency.
Also within our group many of the particpants experienced altitude sickness and its side effects like sleeplessness and headaches in addition to a few who needed EMS.
We are fortunate that no one died.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank TLPK
Kerstin_GuestService, Guest Relations Manager at River Run Village, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2010

Dear Guest,
We are very sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience during your stay at Keystone this October. It is true that at 1 a.m. area restaurants would not be open for business. It is unfortunate that you were not aware of your lack of food at check-in as we do offer free granola bars at all of our check-in locations and a difficult situation could have been avoided. Keystone is a Mountain Destination which appeals to many groups exactly because it is away from the hustle and bustle of a major metropolitan city but can lack 24 hour convenience. At our altitude, we do advise guests to drink plenty of water to avoid altitude sickness. We strive to provide information regarding our available services including free in-resort shuttle, restaurants, activities, hours of operation and alpine environment to conference attendees before their arrival and we are deeply sorry if you did not receive the appropriate information. In an emergency, Keystone Resort Emergency Services are available 24 hours a day to assist those in need in addition to 911 Emergency Services. I apologize that our staff did not recognize the severity of your circumstance as we would certainly have come to your assistance if we had. Thousands of guests visit our Conference Center and Ski Resort each year and we pride our selves on delivering exceptional experiences. We sincerely apologize that your experience did not match your expectations.

Reviewed March 28, 2010

We stayed in a 2 bedroom condo in Expedition Station for 4 nights and 5 days. Only complaint would be the lack of kitchen towels and pot holders. I was with my daughter, son-in-law and 2 grand children (ages 7 and 9) everyone but me skis. I am semi-handicapped but had no trouble getting around in the condo or anyplace in the entire Keystone Village. It was a short walk to the heart of the village and I was able to get around very well. I even took the gondola to the top of the mountain and had lunch one day with the family. Food is expensive in many of the restaurants, especially on topf the mountain, but even though lunch was expensive, I had the best black bean soup I have ever eaten at the Summit House. Would love to check the area out in the summer.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 25, 2010

We stayed at the Arapahoe Lodge at River Run Village for four days during Spring Break. We enjoyed our ski trip at Keystone. The 1 BR condo was updated and nice. The queen bed in the bedroom was comfortable, the sofa bed was not (not a big surprise). Our room was right over River Run Village, so there was noise from the village until 10:00 PM or so, not a huge deal but kept us up for a little while as we like to go to bed early. Very short walk to the slopes. No problem finding a space in the garage although the spaces are small. Kitchen was well-appointed. Overall a good stay.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2010

We stayed in River Run Village - Keystone. Resort Quest handled condo reservation. Very nice people. Ski rentals were even in the same building as main check in.We stayed at Expedition Station. This complex was very nice with a heated pool, covered parking, pool table and separate ski lockers. It was nice just to walk to the gondola and lift. River Run village always had people around and neat shops to explore. My kids both attended private ski lessons for 1/2 day. This was a llittle pricier, but they got individual attention. This was our first time at Keystone, and I thought the slopes were a little steeper than other resorts we have skiied. The tubing hill was also a fun activity for the whole family. We got lots of exercise-didn't even move our car until we left. This would be a good resort for someone who wanted to fly into Denver and be shuttled to the ski area.

2  Thank TexasDisneyDoll