$182
$164
$263
Alpine Slopes Lodge(Keystone)(Great Value!)
$105
$79
Oro Grande(Keystone)
$142
$132
$180
$149
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $172/night.

$129
  • Pool
$186
$119
Hotels.com
$148
$119
All reviewsblack beansriver runbedroom condothe kitchenbuffalo lodgegreat family vacationlove riverblack bear condoski tripmurphy bedkeystone resortski schoolperfect locationhot tubexpedition stationunderground parkingmultiple restaurants
Reviewed August 27, 2011

Spent seven nights in the Dakota Building of River Run Village in August 2011. We booked through www.vrbo.com and had an amazing room (#8516) at a very reasonable price. Originally, i was a little overwhelmed at all the various accommodation options. There are several villages in Keystone, each with its own personality. I spent many days wavering between villages, even after speaking to Keystone representatives. We were VERY happy we chose River Run village. We traveled with our 4 year old and 5 month old sons, and for us, River Run had everything we needed.

There are various restaurants, shops, and activities steps from the condo. Views of the mountain. Within a 5 min walk, there was a pool/hot tub, two playgrounds, mini golf, and a children's area (sandbox, cabin, chalkgarden and several for pay activities including trampolines, rock climbing wall, bounce house, gold panning and more.) The gondola/lifts were about 5 minutes away, very close. We attended the children's play at Quaking Aspen Ampitheater (again, maybe 5 min walk) for $6 each, enjoyed The Friday Club's FREE gondola rides from 3-7pm on Fridays and were lucky enough to have been in the area for the Blues Festival and Art Show.

Each morning we began our day with a walk, and there are trails that leave from the village. Stunning summer weather, tons of biking trails/courses, friendly people. We slept with windows open and was not hard to sleep (not loud outside.) Yes, garbage truck came by early and we heard beeping, but they do at home as well, so not an issue for us. There was a medical facility at the base of the mountain a few minutes from our hotel, and we went in and chatted with the medics. Small grocery store across the courtyard as well.

We were never bored in the village. While other areas are also lovely (East Keystone, West Keystone both stunning, quieter), it was fabulous to never have to get in our car if we didn't want to. Would stay in this hotel/village again w/o hesitation.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Rachel G
Reviewed March 5, 2011

This is our second time staying at the River Run village in Keystone; this time we were in the Buffalo Lodge (room #8331).

As expected, our condo was clean, convenient and nicely decorated; the kitchen had enough essentials for us to make a small dinner for ourselves. This is the second time we've stayed here and have been allowed an early check-in; we arrived around 2:00pm, and were able to immediately go up to our room and park our rental in the underground parking garage--this was a big plus for us. Our view, however, left a little to be desired; unfortunately, we were on the parking lot side of the lodge, which meant that while the room had a view of the mountains, we also got to watch people pour into/out of the parking lots--not the best. If you do stay here, be sure to ask for a room with a view of the Gondola/Lifts--that is a great view, what we enjoyed in our previous stay. Also, while I'm not sure of the size of the bed in our room, it seemed small, but was comfortable; and our room also had a bunk-bed in the living room, we didn't use/need, but might have been nice for a small family.

Ultimately, this condo was nice for our weekend ski getaway, and I'm sure if we return, we will look into staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kmcscott
Reviewed March 3, 2011

I've been to ski resorts throughout Utah, Colorado, and CA and would definitely rate Keystone as my favorite overall.

The terrain isn't nearly as extreme as some you might find in UT or Jackson Hole, and the nightlife isn't as lively as what you'd find in Lake Tahoe, but the overall value and convenience can't be beat, particularly if you travel with children.

This time it was just a trip with guys, and although we had a great time riding during the day, the night life at Keystone was non-existant, which kind of made me wish we'd gone to Tahoe.

We stayed in a 2bd 3bath condo at Expedition Station that slept 11, plenty of room for myself and seven other travelers. Our condo was about 300yds from the gondola, and had a heated pool and hot tub on site, as well as a steam room and full fitness area, all awesome stuff, and definitely ideal for a family trip, but next time we go on a guys trip I think we'll head to Tahoe...

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 1, 2011

For quite some time I have spent a little effort researching the condos I stay in at Keystone. I will only rent a condo if I know EXACTLY what I am getting. VRBO is a good place to look. Generally I only stay in River Run because it is the newest area and easiest to get around. I find that it is great for my family with a 5 year old and 1 year old.

Most recently I stayed in Dakota Lodge which is right next to the largest pool. I stayed in a top floor unit with ski slope views. This condo had beautiful stair step windows, a 40 inch LCD TV with Blu-Ray, a two good beds, stainless steel appliances and all the other niceties you would expect in a well maintained condo. The carpet was clean, but should be replaced soon. The only other thing that was not updated were the counter tops. There was nothing wrong with them, but based on the other things in the condo, granite seems to be in order.

It seems that many people talk about how close a condo is to the gondola. This is important and Dakota Lodge is about a 5 minute walk. However, I think this point is over emphasized by many. I would much rather stay in a Condo that was not directly over retail establishments and part of the main avenue. A couple of extra minutes’ walk time equals a much quieter night’s sleep.

Another point to make is that rental prices in Keystone are VERY reasonable. $350 a night at a major resort during Christmas in a pretty new condo is quite remarkable. I saw even lower prices for last minute reservations. Comparable condos go for two or three times as much in Breck.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank Karen F
Reviewed October 23, 2010

Dear Future Traveller and Conference Organizers;
As an international participant at a conference held at Keystone, I found myself isolated in a remote part of the resort in a building with no attendant, no transportation, and not a scrap of food. I arrived after 10 p.m. nad at 1 p.m. realized that I had not eaten for eight hours or more because of my travels. When I called the "front desk" for assistance with locating vending machine or arranging for delivery of something to raise my blood sugar and curb the hunger pangs, I was told that there would be nothing in my area until 7 a.m. When I called back to him he said that there might be granola bars in the lobby--but there was nothing and I wandered the halls of this empty building crying--and almost dug into a bag of rubbish outside of someone else's room in hopes of finding something, anything to eat. I survived the night by mixing hot water with sugar but felt like I was in prison rather than a resort.
The lack of 24 hour access to food and trasnportation would make me not recommend this place to anyone especially anyone hosting a conference--it is too far outside of Denver and you do not want your guests to feel isolated and risk an un-recognized health emergency.
Also within our group many of the particpants experienced altitude sickness and its side effects like sleeplessness and headaches in addition to a few who needed EMS.
We are fortunate that no one died.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank TLPK
Kerstin_GuestService, Guest Relations Manager at River Run Village, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2010

Dear Guest,
We are very sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience during your stay at Keystone this October. It is true that at 1 a.m. area restaurants would not be open for business. It is unfortunate that you were not aware of your lack of food at check-in as we do offer free granola bars at all of our check-in locations and a difficult situation could have been avoided. Keystone is a Mountain Destination which appeals to many groups exactly because it is away from the hustle and bustle of a major metropolitan city but can lack 24 hour convenience. At our altitude, we do advise guests to drink plenty of water to avoid altitude sickness. We strive to provide information regarding our available services including free in-resort shuttle, restaurants, activities, hours of operation and alpine environment to conference attendees before their arrival and we are deeply sorry if you did not receive the appropriate information. In an emergency, Keystone Resort Emergency Services are available 24 hours a day to assist those in need in addition to 911 Emergency Services. I apologize that our staff did not recognize the severity of your circumstance as we would certainly have come to your assistance if we had. Thousands of guests visit our Conference Center and Ski Resort each year and we pride our selves on delivering exceptional experiences. We sincerely apologize that your experience did not match your expectations.