“Not exactly what i expected” 3 of 5 stars

Snake River Saloon
Ranked #13 of 38 Restaurants in Keystone
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Kansas City, Missouri
“Not exactly what i expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

This place was half bar and the other half appeared to be "high class". Appearances can be very deceiving, the food was mediocre at best and the price was way too much! My daughter ordered lasagna from the kids menu and i ordered the same, hers was $5 and my mine was $25.....the same exact serving size, and it tasted far from being homemade as described. The food just wasn't that good!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank TrailD

Evergreen, Colorado
“Hearty & Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

The Snake River Saloon is conveniently located on Route 6 in the heart of Keystone. It is family owned and the staff was all very friendly and attentive. The food was delicious: I had salmon over rice that was moist and flavorful; my son at a filet mignon that was juicy and tasty. Both desserts (chocolate surprise and mousse) were large and flavorful. Nice ambiance. Small critique was milk instead of cream for the coffee.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Denver, Colorado
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Great place to eat and enjoy the entertainment. A little over priced, but over all a good environment and pleasant experinence

Visited February 2014
Plainview, New York
“A Bit Over Priced, Lacking Variety”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

There was one soup available, cream cheese leek. I passed on it. No hamburgers or lighter fare so we all ordered meat dishes.

The Food:

I had the baby backed ribs which were good and a generous portion. I had to send back the potatoes au gratin as it wasn't my thing and I'm not sure what it was. My wife's T-bone steak was ok, nothing great but the prime rib was good. The children's portions were generous but the quality was on the lower side. The child's lasagna was swimming in sauce and the hamburger patty was rated 3 out of 10 by my daughter. The child's prime rib was a nice cut and tasty.

The Service:

The service was good. The waitress was accommodating and friendly.

The Ambience:

Out-dated, and rustic.

The Value:

Disappointed everything was al la carte for this type of restaurant. Did not meet our expectations of a steak house and salads should have been included.

Overall:

I would recommend sprucing up the décor and expanding the menu including light fare dishes. This is not a high end steak house to limit the menu like one is restricting. In ski country I think many would crave a variety of soups. Offering cream cheese leak as the only choice is a bit daring and I had no desire to take a chance.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars
Dillon, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never Ever Again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Our group arrived for dinner at 530. Waited more than 5 minutes for someone to appear. Our waiters breath almost made me faint, terrible gingivitis. Apparently personal hygiene is not a requirement for the wait staff. The homemade bread and honey butter was good. Pork chop was dry and raw around the bone, how is this possible ?The ribs were very fatty and the prime rib was terrible, no veggie option, baked potato was the only good thing we had. The food quality is very poor and $30 an entree + salad or soup is an extra charge. This was my third and last time to ever return. Each time I hoped for some improvement only to be disappointed. Shame on you Jim Shields, your poorly run low quality over priced food leaves visitors and potential owners questioning whether to ever return to Keystone. Your not only hurting yourself but the community as a whole.

Tried and True: Pizza 101, Luigi's pasta, Wolf Rock Steakhouse, Bighorn Steakhouse, Haywood Cafe.

• Visited February 2014