“Went for lunch while skiing fun place with great food.”
Review of Kickapoo Tavern

Kickapoo Tavern
Ranked #4 of 37 Restaurants in Keystone
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

It was so good we came back for a second lunch. I had both the shrimp tacos and the fish tacos which were both delicious. My husband had the pork tacos and couldn't believe how the tortilla held that much pork.

1  Thank Alison M
There are newer reviews for Kickapoo Tavern

Reviewed January 3, 2013

In the heart of the Village at Keystone, you will find the Kickapoo Tavern. It's location is at the bottom of the gondola, perfectly situated for après skiing. You can ask to be seated or choose to grab one of many bar tables for your group. Waitresses are readily on hand, helpful and used to dealing with a large influx of people. The menu offers a variety of bar food, in addition to sporting a full bar--plenty to eat and drink. We had the shrimp tacos, grilled chicken sandwich, burger among other things, all quite yummy. We started with chips and salsa. Chips were hearty with a whole grain taste, and the salsa was good. We added guacamole which was delicious ( I am a snob about guac and it was very good.). It's a fun, bustling place, the food is above average and service was very good.

1  Thank mh3boys
Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

A perfect place for after ski day! Friendly staff and kid friendly. Fun atmosphere for good food and good drinks. Highly recommend.

1  Thank rrluvs2shop
Reviewed December 17, 2012

When my travels bring me to Keystone, we always end up at Kickapoo more than once. The bar is very busy especially après ski. You can typically find a spot on the bar side, if you are patient. The nachos are huge (and delicious) and easily feed four hungry skiers/snowboarders. If you are looking for something a little more 'civilized' sit on the restaurant side. The turnover, especially at lunch time, is quick. I think their best item is their green chili and half sandwich. All their food items are really big so the half sandwich is plenty for someone just taking a brake from the mountain. The green chili is spicy! I paired it with a ruben and my friend had the turkey club. Both are served hot.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

We had a lot of fun at the Kickapoo Tavern! My husband has literally not quit talking about the hamburger he got there. I had the southwestern eggrolls, and they were wonderful. It is also a fun place to go for a drink after a day on the slopes. You may have to fight for a seat! It's crowded, but worth the wait.

2  Thank Amanda C