“Not my favorite”

Ranked #3 of 6 Restaurants in Keenesburg
Cuisines: Mexican, American
“Not my favorite”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

This place is pretty mediocre to be honest. Bland food that resembles taco bell cafeteria food. I go here as a last resort. I do like the tamales. The service is also good. Just not my cup of tea.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Che M

DC Metro
“Good, cheap food”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I got tamales here. They were very tasty and the medium sauce had a nice kick. The waitress was very nice and attentive.

• Visited June 2012
Denver, CO
“What a pleasant surprise!”
Reviewed July 9, 2011

We had not been up to Keenesburg, CO from Denver in about a year and a half, but remembered a restaurant called "Roosters" there on the corner just as you exit off of highway 76 at mile marker 39. We vowed to go back to eat there, as they had quite a crowd. When we arrived on 7-6-2011 we were surprised to see a sign "Dos Hijos Mexican Food", but thankfully they were open. I had the most delicious smothered Sopapilla stuffed to the max with scambled eggs, potatoes and bacon. It was huge, but so good I couldn't stop eating! The medium green chile is very spicy, but ever so good. They do know how to make some awesome green chili there! Everything is fresh and made to order. My husband had the regular breakfast with 2 eggs, choice of meat, potatoes and toast. The potatoes are big hand cut squares fried perfectly, and the ham was quite thick, although I think it was the boneless kind but very flavorful. Eggs were cooked to perfection. The restaurant was very clean, sevice was attentive, but not smothering and the atmosphere was very relaxing with no hurry to leave. They do have a full bar and happy hour specials. The lunch menu looked very intriguing and from what I know about the green chili, would be worth another trip back. Our "discovery" turned out to be a pleasant surprise and great breakfast!

• Visited July 2011