All reviewswestern breakfastthe ownerwonderful drivernight guardsri lankalocal breakfastnice gardenenjoyed my stayrelaxed atmospheremain pointac roomquiet placecouple of nightsthe main streetclean roomsrecommend this placenice guy
Reviewed October 20, 2016 via mobile

I was picked up at the airport by an awesome driver who made the long journey as comfortable as possible for me we even saw wild elephants on the road which was the highlight of my trip. The room was clean and spacious unfortunately I did pay for a deluxe room and had 2 single mattresses pushed together. The breakfast was nice but like everything else quite expensive for what you get and where you are.
There is absolutely nothing to do in Arugam bay after the uncomfortable safari so I cut my stay short. The driver arranged for my return to the airport was utterly useless his headlights didn't work properly, I am not going to go into the arguments I had with him as it would take too long after 3 phone calls to the hotel owner and 5 calls to the security guy at the hotel the driver got lost numerous times I arrived at the airport with 2 minutes to spare instead of the 3 hrs I had planned on.

Stayed: October 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed August 23, 2016 via mobile

We had a double room with AC in the villa.

There is a shared living room with three couches, family games, books and a TV to use for everyone.

Our bed is very comfortable for us.

You can have breakfast and awesome fresh juices anytime.

The staff is very friendly and cares for its guests.

Thank you!

Stayed: August 2016
1  Thank jonathanepunkt
Reviewed August 21, 2016

Simple but very lovely. It was just like staying in a private house. Nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast was plentiful and very tasty. We had our laundry done, tuk tuks arranged, dinners booked, anything we needed was sorted.
Very peaceful and restful. We stayed four nights. Wish we had stayed more. Visit Arugam Bay now, I get the feeling it will only get busier and more commercial.

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank Michiel H
Reviewed August 21, 2016

We stayed here for three nights and wish we had stayed longer. Really peaceful place but brilliantly positioned ... Walking distance to the beach, shops etc. We had the two garden rooms which were great ...lovely to wake up to birdsong! Highly recommended!

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2016 via mobile

We had a lovely 2 night stay at Danish villa: set in the middle of Arugam bay but nicely back from the main road. Lovely communal outside and indoor cool area with games and TV. We stayed in the garden room one night which was gorgeous (although we needed ear plugs for the birds!) and deluxe room the next night (nice but more basic).
The manager, Thahir, was a delight: so welcoming and attentive.
A very enjoyable stay