The Danish Villa Hotel
$10
Shell Resort(Arugam Bay)
$73
Sea Flower(Arugam Bay)
The Spice Trail(Arugam Bay)
  • Beachfront
East Surf Cabanas(Arugam Bay)
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewswonderful driverthe ownerthe sri lankan breakfastnight guardlocal breakfastenjoyed my staynice gardenlovely place to relaxdeluxe roommain pointrelaxed atmospheremain streetquiet placeclean roomsnice guyfour nightsa great stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Fantastic two weeks in the Villa. Sulfi, Tahir and the two lads were brilliant in welcoming guests to the Villa and couldn't do enough to help me during my stay. They were attentive without being overbearing and were always keen to please. Sulfi was extremely knowledgeable and passionate about Arugam and is the man to see if you want to plan any excursions during your stay.

The beach is just a short walk and the breakfast was superb and excellent value. Danish Villa is the ideal tranquil retreat in what can be a hectic main street in Arugam.

Room Tip: Stayed in the 'budget' room which was perfectly acceptable but didn't have AC - all other rooms have AC.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank JPPreece
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We spent two weeks in Danish Villa and we loved it. Tahir who works there during the days is the good soul of the place and makes your stay perfect. We felt so comfortable that it almost felt like home. He and his team take care of everything you need. The night guard sulfi truly is the king of arugam. If you need any help ask him and he will take care of it (tours, transportation, help in arugam bay etc.).

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Philippppppp
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed at the Danish Villa for 4 nights, its a nice villa with colonial feel. The rooms were comfortable and clean, however due to the lay out we felt like we were staying in a shared dorm. All the rooms open out onto the colonial living area which from 9.30pm was occupied by the night staff watching cricket and sleeping on the sofa. Poor nights sleep due to being able to hear the night watchman coughing all night, on his phone, the local mosque call to prayer at 4.55am and then inconsiderate staff talking loudly and clattering about from 7.30am.

We were looking forward to hot showers and a/c after a day on the beach, however, the a/c is turned off daily between 6.30pm and 9.30pm and the shower only gives out cold water disappointing considering the price.

During our stay we had a whole day with no power and were surprised that the Danish Villa did not have a generator or if they did, they chose not to put it on, except when guests asked for paid breakfast and then it came on briefly.

Room Tip: Maybe the newly built bungalow would be a quieter option
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank husage
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I called Danish Villa on the eve of my arrival. I made a phone reservation for the following day being very clear that I was traveling with my wife and our two children (4 and 1) and that I would arrive after lunch. They confirm the availability of the room and told me not to worry about it.
When I arrive I was received by the person that talked with me on the phone which asked me straight away:" Are you mr. Andre who made a reservation by the phone yesterday? Well, someone came this morning and I gave your room away."
What a service I must say! This is the kind of things that you simple can't do when you run an hotel business.

Andre and Marianne (Sweden)

Room Tip: I can't say much about it because I didn't even had the opportunity to stay there.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank marianne s
Reviewed June 2, 2013

A truly delightful stay, from start to finish. I began my stay in Arugam at the villa as a solo traveller and returned the following week along with a friend who had arrived. Staff were courteous, helpful - offering to organise immediate transport to nearby destinations, as well as arranging airport taxis. Tahir and his team were knowledgable about local services and tours. The rooms were cleaned as often as we requested with a change of towels. The availability of breakfast and refreshments at any time of day were often required after a day on the beach. It's true to say that the villa is a short way from the noise and clatter of the Arugam restaurants and beach front cabanas, but only by a 5 minute walk. I found it preferable to have this separation. The private nature of the villa's setting was a most welcome antidote to the hectic nature of the rest of the town. The villa is well run, friendly and will not disappoint. Do pay them a visit.

Room Tip: The bungalow rooms are more expensive and come with air con but are away from the main villa and therefore much more private. The basic rooms are just that - smaller but clean and still comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo