“I used to live in Ignacio.....”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Patio Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Ignacio
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 17, 2014

This one, I have to give mixed reviews. I ate there multiple times in the time that I lived in Ignacio. Locals love it, and that may be because it's so hard for a restaurant to survive in Ignacio that they are very grateful that anyone made it and stayed. The food is mediocre at best, with the exception of their homemade pies, which are spectacular. Go for pie and coffee and throw out the coffee!

It needs a thorough cleaning, some updating and remodeling, and above all, it needs someone who can cook, use spices, and produce quality dishes with some flavor.

Service varies widely and wildly with the number of people there, the number of staff available, and the mood they happen to be in on that particular day.

Still, Ignacio is a sorry place to try to find a restaurant of any kind, and the Patio serves the community with at least something to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Not altogether bad - go for pie!

There are newer reviews for The Patio Restaurant

Reviewed March 15, 2014

I was here in late August, 2013. Figured it was a good place to eat since local workers had their trucks and vehicles parked outside. We weren't disappointed in our lunch, and took some pie with us for later. Never hurts to get off the beaten path and try someplace different.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

I took one of my sub-contracters for lunch. He truly enjoyed it.
I thought it rather bland but it is better than the other Mexican resturants in the area.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Locals like it, I didn't. Service was ok, food quality was poor. Not a lot of choices in town, could be cleaned up and I could tolerate the menu for a quick lunch.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

After visiting the Souther Ute Museum we were ready for lunch. This is an area without chains but it is difficult to tell which is a local place where strangers/tourists will be welcome. We found it! We walked into The Patio and chose a table amidst local fire fighters, higway workers, and colorful locals who seemed to step out of history. The first thing that my eyes laid on was the pie case and I told my wife that I will be ordering pie. I ordered the country fried steak which caused my wife to exclaim, "and you will be getting pie!?" as the large serving was placed in front of me. Lunch was wonderful but I did eat the pie and it was the best.