“Proud of this Casino!”

Sky Ute Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ignacio
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Being a Southern Ute Tribal Member, I am proud of this casino and all it has to offer! The casino has a great gaming floor, fun slots, and table games. They offer a variety of events, concerts, and banquets. The bowling alley and minature golf is fun for the whole family! The casino also has a variety of restaurants that would suit anyone! Rolling Thunder is a local favorite, home of the steak and shrimp combo! Shining Mountain is great for a quick bite or to go order. And the 2 newest restaurants are being introduced this month, Seven Rivers Steakhouse and Willows Baja Restaurant! Can't wait to try them! The hotel offers beautiful rooms, smoking and non smoking, and pet friendly! Or bring the RV and stay at the full hook-up RV Park! Come out and stay and play!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MrMrsH2009

Reviewed April 20, 2013

We will never trust this place. Accused of stealing. We got our credit card bill there was an additional charge of $225.00. We thought this must be an accidental charge or double double charge for our stay. I called the hotel and they said this charge was for a missing blanket. I said this is a mistake. We do a room check before we leave we have kids I make the bed and place towels intub so I can see whats on the floor. I know the blankets were there. . So this is due to a miscount or housekeeping Unsure but furious. I spoke with the front desk clerk to discuss this she responded "Im not saying you did and Im not saying you didnt. We have the rooms inspected after housekeeping cleans them but we will have someone call you." This has never happened to us. I dont know if they are trying to make extra money on the side. They were not able to check us in until 3:20 They said it was not cleaned. Unfriendly staff. My credit card co. dispute department was on the 3rd line and said this is appauling.

8  Thank shannon p
SarahGuestService, Director of Operations at Sky Ute Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear Shannon,

First, I would like to thank you for choosing the Sky Ute Casino Resort. I would like to personally apologize for the confusion on the billing for the Pendleton blanket. Upon reviewing your billing on this charge, it appears that a full refund has already been issued on your credit card.

The Pendleton blankets are one the more unique items placed in every room at the Sky Ute Casino Resort. These Pendleton blankets are often taken by hotel guests to enjoy in their own homes are to be given as gifts to loved ones. Diligent inventory is taken every day to account for the Pendleton blankets and other unique items such as the IHomes docking stations or the VOIP telephones that are in every room.

I deeply hope that this explanation along with your refund meets your satisfaction. As a guest and a valued customer, your satisfaction is very important to us, in the event you are still not satisfied with the actions we have taken, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Travis Garlick
Director of Operations
Sky Ute Casino Resort

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Very nice hotel and casino. Rooms are comfortable and nice for a night before traveling out of Durango. Staff was helpful. Recommend the rooms looking outside vs the rooms looking over the restaurants. Construction did not hurt the stay. Had fun and hit the jackpot!! Makes the stay worthwhile. Would stay again but bring my wife with me to enjoy the place. Pool is very nice.

Room Tip: Outside views are better than looking over the restaurant
1  Thank PagosaDan
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Did I mention this place is beautiful? The rooms are some of the nicest I have encountered in my travels. My wife said the bathroom must have been designed by a women! A separate tub and shower? Granite counter tops? Chocolate candy as a goodnight treat? Not to mention it is a bit off the beaten path, so you can really enjoy the solitude and quiet of the pastoral setting. The nights skies are afire with a blaze of stars, no light pollution here. The food is first rate and every detail is looked after. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

3  Thank Wayne P
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I recently stayed at Sky Ute, great staff, great food, great views, great food, excellent meeting accommodations- attention to detail was exceptional, did I mention great staff. :-). Indoor pool, spa and fitness room offers a place to relax and enjoy the view. Outside the pool area is a nice area for enjoying the mountain air- nice touch.

1  Thank LPTraveler09
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Sky Ute Casino and Resort was such a delightful surprise. While I'm not a gambler, I just stayed here for 3 nights for a conference. The staff was terrific, the reception and meals for our conference were superb and the rooms were large, comfortable and well designed. The architect who worked with the Tribe to design this facility deserves kudos for such a beautiful building. The artwork is fantastic and attention to detail is great. As you exit the elevators, you'll be treated to the aroma of sweetgrass. Next trip, I'll be booking time at the spa. A Be sure to visit the cultural museum and Foxfire Vineyards. You're also close to spectacular scenery and activities.

Room Tip: Our room faced the front of the hotel with views of the surrounding scenery - my preference. Others...
1  Thank DonnitaP
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Sky Ute Casino and Resort only overnight to ride the nearby Durando & Silveron Narrow Gauge Railroad the next day. It is one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in. Owned by Native Americans, the hotel is very clean and tidy. As one enters the casino/resort, you are greeted by beautiful American west paintings, and friendly guest reception. The lobby has to be one of the most beautiful that I've ever seen. It is 180* of solid windows from the floor, the the top of the building.
The rooms are very beautiful and very spacious. The beds were very comfortable, not too hard, but not too soft.
The only things that really bothers me about our stay:

The A/C system in the room is controlled via a wall thermostat and the rooms have forced air ventilation. I didn't think that the A/C was keeping up too well as I stayed quite warm all night.

We apparently had a handicapped aces sable room, because the shower was completely level with the rest of the bathroom floor (the bathroom is all marble and is very beautiful and spacious). Because the shower is level with the floor, as one showers water floods the bathroom floor, and to keep from slipping and falling you really need to place extra bath towels on the floor.

The only other thing that got me was how far off the beaten path this place is! The whole town if Ignacio is pretty much in the middle of nowhere, but I never relished that the middle of nowhere was so beautiful!

Other than these very minor issues, the hotel is a GREAT place. I felt very comfortable there, and you can't beat the sunsets! I would most assuredly stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank Justin S
SarahGuestService, Guest Relations Manager at Sky Ute Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us here at the Sky Ute Casino Resort. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our Facilities Department has been informed of the issue regarding your shower, and they are checking all of our ADA rooms to ensure that all transition strips are in place under the shower door, as the experience you described is not normal. I have been assured that this will be finished by the end of the day today. The next time you stay here, be sure to phone down to the front desk and inform us of the issue right away so that we may resolve it during your stay, allowing you to more thoroughly enjoy your time here with us. Hope to have you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ignacio
DoubleTree by Hilton Durango
Comfort Inn and Suites Durango
15 mi away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Durango
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Durango Central
La Quinta Inn and Suites Durango
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Durango

Been to Sky Ute Casino Resort? Share your experiences!