“Unbelievable”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

We knew they were closing new years eve for good so we went one last time for lasagna. They told us at 7pm to come back at 7:20 even though we saw empty seats. We went a had a TommyKnockers and came. They then told us they were out of food. Open sign still lit as we left. Great food marginal service to the very end.

1  Thank KB80439

Reviewed November 17, 2012

We go to Idaho Springs on occasion, and our favorite restaurant there is Mangia. Weather permitting, sitting on the patio is very relaxing, with a view of Miner street and good people watching. The food is very good. Of particular note on our most recent visit for lunch was the Pasta Fagioli, excellent especially if you like spicy, and the Mozzarella Panchetta panini. My young daughter, who is a very picky eater, ordered macaroni and cheese and refused to eat it because it included a green garnish. Our server Ali completely understood and took the food back, to remake without the garnish. The chef came out to bring us the non-garnished mac & cheese, much to my daughter's delight who finished most of it. On top of it, he brought her a flower. And even better, when he saw our other daughter there he went back to the kitchen and got a second flower for her. It was a really nice touch, very much appreciated. Ali brought the girls coloring books and offered sunglasses because the early afternoon sun was very bright. Everyone was so nice, and we had such a nice lunch. We have not yet been there for dinner, so can't comment on that but will definitely be back and highly recommend for anyone dining in Idaho Springs or surrounding area.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Mangia's is on the main street for a cute, historic town of Idaho Springs on I-70 West. If you are ever stuck in traffic on I-70 on a Sunday afternoon or evening, get out of line and into this place for dinner! A little taset of Sicily in an unexpected place. If you're lucky, you'll hit it for Happy Hour which has some great values on wine, but the appetizers are great - try the Italian Nachos! The gnocchi in meat sauce is excellent. Service on week-nights can be a bit slow, as they typically don't staff up for crowds like they get on week-ends, but still a great place to relax, enjoy good winne, good food and good friends!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Having never been to Idaho Springs before, we were not sure what to expect. As we wandered around the charming downtown, we happened upon this attractive Italian restaurant at happy hour. What a find! We were promptly greeted and seated outside as requested. I choose the house Chardonnay and my husband opted for the 24 oz. PBR. We were delighted by the prices and the quality of the beverages. The pizza by the slice was more than reasonable at $2/ slice and absolutely delicious! It is made to order, so my dietary restrictions were taken into consideration, and we were both very happy with our choices and the quality of the food. Sharon, who served us our drinks and meals, is warm, friendly, and extremely helpful. We ended up ordering the tiramisu and latte for dessert, which were wonderful. Had we not been sitting in the car all day, we would certainly have tried more items from the menu. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We live close and find ourselves in Idaho Springs restaurant's frequently. We had nerver been here but decided Italian sounded good. We walked in and no one was around, I mean no wait staff, no hostess, nothing! Once seated, service was prompt; but extremely odd. No one seemed like they wanted to be there, and like it wasn't worth putting even a little effort into. It was almost like they were lost. My salad was ok, and so was my husbands soup. However, when they brought out the mains WE HAD TO MAKE OURSELVES STOP LAUGHING. My spaghetti was $8.00 (no meat), and my husbands chicken pesto pasta was $12.00 (four pieces chicken/woman's small finger size). The taste was good, wasn't great; but I have had worse! The SIZE of the servings is what was so sad. They both were served in small shallow bowl type dishes with large rims, one can assume to make them look bigger. The serving amount would have been "maybe" a full cup including sauce and small amount of meat for my husband. I can honestly say I would have come back based on taste alone, however; I will not be spending my money there again. Pasta is silly cheap, and a quick easy money maker even when servered generously. Shame on you for using the tourist trap approach!!!

1  Thank kellidtwenty12