“High in the Mountains Fun”
Review of Echo Lake Lodge

Echo Lake Lodge
Ranked #10 of 36 Restaurants in Idaho Springs
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My family and I drove up from Golden for an early dinner at Echo Lake Lodge solely because of its spectacular location at the junction of Mt. Evans roadway. Yes, there is a tourist trap aspect to it, but really the location begs for that sort of thing. Our expectations for dinner weren't sky high and we had just sandwiches, buffalo chili and brownies and ice cream. However, we were very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food, attentive and friendly service and rustic, high country atmosphere...all at 10,600 feet!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

The lady at the visitors center in Idaho Springs told us about this place 1/2 way up to the Mt Evans summit. She said the food was very good. When we arrived all the window seats were taken, so we sat in the middle, but before our food arrived, a window seat opened up and our waitress asked if we'd like to move there. We did. Nice view of Echo Lake with the mountains in the background, plus hummingbirds coming to the feeders. The décor of the restaurant and shop is rustic, neat and attractive with lots of stained wood.
My wife ordered chicken pot pie. She said it was the best chicken pot pie she ever had. I ordered elk stew. It was delicious, and the corn bread that came with it was outstanding. We had homemade cherry pie with cinnamon ice cream for desert, which we split. Price was excellent.

Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Three of us stopped here for breakfast on morning. Simple orders in each case. When one orders breakfast, one expects that their will be cooked hot to order at the time of ordering. On this particular morning the fired eggs were way overcooked and appeared to have been cooked in advance, prior to our arrival. Biscuits in a biscuit & gravy meal were so hard they could not be cut with a knife. The waitress apologized and stated that the cook had overheated them on the microwave. The only reason to be heating food in a microwave would be to reheat god that had been cooked and stored for future consumption. I'll never eat in this restaurant again. I don't care for microwaved left-overs when I order a meal. I want it hot and fresh.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Ok, there are not many restaurants near Mt Evans but this one is pretty good. I had an elk sandwich. Service was great, price was fair and the view was fantastic.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I had a fantastic breakfast and a delicious dinner there last summer before/after a day of bike riding, so I took my parents for fathers' day. The food is great and the location is gorgeous. The service was really, really attentive (though why a server would give the check to the only man in the group on fathers' day is beyond me). I love this place. Oh, and the prices are extremely reasonable.