“Great place to take lessons”
Review of Echo Mountain

Echo Mountain
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Closest Ski Resort to Denver and Colorado's Front Range. Just 50 minutes, or 35 miles, from downtown Denver Echo offers an authentic Colorado ski and snowboard experience just outside the city.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed March 27, 2012

My daughter and I signed up for a group lesson, but was lucky enough to be the only two in the group. Our instructor (Will) was wonderful! He not only catered the lessons around our knowledge (which was none), but also worked with us specifically on our level as the lessons continued.

1  Thank aldavis73

Reviewed February 22, 2012

The service at echo mountain was excellent! Great instructors and staff. The park was not crowded especially for a holiday weekend. I really appreciated the personalized attention during my lesson and will definitely return.

Reviewed February 7, 2012

Last week my friends and I traveled to Echo Mountain for some nighttime sking. Echo recieved over 40 inches in 24 hours and we were itching to get waist deep in some amazing powder. We purchased a Living Social deal for tickets the four of us, but the confirmation wouldn't go through! Not to fear though, Cindy Dady - the general manager and all-around fabulous host - took care of us. We were able to enjoy the amazing powder, plus a few beers for far less than the normal resort prices. We'll definitely be heading back.

1  Thank Robin P
Reviewed December 26, 2011

OK, this is not a big resort. So it can't compare in terms of lifts, ski acres, etc., with the big Colorado resorts. However, we were heading up to Frisco for a week of skiing and decided to stop in the way up for a day at Echo since it us kind of on the way. In addition, while we were put off by the bad reviews, they happened to have a lot more snow than the big resorts by the day after Christmas.

The resort turned out to be fun and the service was great. First, the parking attendant waved us into a spot no more than 30 feet from the ski shop. In addition, the lift passes are way cheaper than the other resorts, and we had some discounts on top of that. There is one lift, but we were there the day after Xmas and there were no lines all AM, and 3-5 minutes in the PM. The mountain is not big, but has lots of terrain park features for freestyle skiers and snowboarders. Finally, lunch was cheap ($2 Monsters!) and decent. I'm not sure about the other reviewers but the staff were very friendly when we were there.

The drive was pretty but I would want a 4 wheel drive for winter visits as the road is pretty sketch. In addition, it is a great day visit, but so small that only beginners or kids that love park skiing would want to spend lots of days here.

2  Thank ljnymd
Reviewed March 1, 2010

During the month of February, 2010, I can honestly say I had the worst beginners skiing experience that I could possibly imagine. We arrived at Echo Mountain (already pre- registered) and simply stood at the reservation desk for approximatley 10 minutes while the female employee stayed on the phone talking. We were never acknowledged and just expected to stand there and wait. We were first time skiers, so did not really know the ins and outs of the skiing process. The female employee finally ended her call and and began to inquire about our reservation. The female asked us the same information 3 separate times, I honestly do not know where her mind was on this date..but it definitely was not on the customers. Anyway, next she referred us to the rental department by just pointing down the hallway. We went and were asked our shoe sizes and height. No one ever showed us how to properly put the boots on or anything. The employee only directed us to try the boots on and see how they fit. We neither one knew how they should fit, because we had never skiied before. Long story short, the boots hurt my shins so badly that it ultimatley bruised my legs and left blisters. I asked one of the ski instructors if these ski boots were suppposed to hurt your legs so badly. I explained that I had just put them on and had not even skiied yet. The instructor only stated " Thats why the best part of skiing is taking your boots off afterwards". I just assumed that they were supposed to be that uncomfortable.
Our actual ski instructor was very nice, but in comparison to a follow-up lesson at another ski-resort...the lessons were definitely lacking in content. We also lost the next two days of skiing because our feet/legs were so bruised that we could not walk. However, afterwards we went to another sk-resort that offered terrific service for beginning/intermediate skiers. I would never recommend anyone to visit Echo Mountain, they need to improve tremendously on customer service and attentiveness to New Skiers...Many ski areas offer ski packages for the same price that are much better. Echo Mountain gave us a terrible initial impression of snow skiing. Thankfully, we went to another resort and had the best time ever...We will never be back to Echo Mountain, I can promise you this.

4  Thank Hot-n-Miami