“Very good personel and good comfort”
Review of H&H Motor Lodge

H&H Motor Lodge
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Idaho Springs
Chicago, Illinois
“Very good personel and good comfort”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

It was a true pleasure and I wish we were able to stay longer. Hopefully I will come back but I the meantime I will highly recommended you motel. It was wonderful. Office lady was wonderful in helping us and giving info on the hot springs. The other ladies were also helpful and always had smile. Nice going all.
Jan

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jan P
Grace Z, Owner at H&H Motor Lodge, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear Jan, thank You very much for taking time and putting nice review about our property.
Hope You will be back.
Sincerely Waldek

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Montrose, Colorado
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I left a personal belonging at this motel and I had to wait two days to find out if it was still there. The person in charge did not want to disturb the person in the room. When I found out it was still there I asked the motel management to please mail it to me. I would gladly reimburse them for the postage. Here's what they told me I had to do. I had to mail them a postage paid box with my address label on it. It would end up costing me almost as much as a new item. I would also like to say the room was dingy and the carpet was old and crummy. The sheets on the bed felt like they had not been washed in a long time and the springs squeaked. I would not recommend this place to anyone passing through Idaho Springs. There are many other nicer motels there. I have stayed there many times and this is the treatment I got. Another little note, the police were there investigating something that happened in a room when I called them the first time and also there were people, one with blood on her nose, in the parking lot who were arguing and were either on drugs or alcohol when I arrived there. The people staying next to me complained about the noise coming from another room also and ask if I had heard it. I will never give them my business again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Joy W
Grace Z, Owner at H&H Motor Lodge, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear Sir, we are very sorry about Your bad experience with our property. We own to businesses
and the one You stayed is mostly run by our Employees. Employees are always overworked and underpaid, so apparently person who You call to was afraid to risk the personal money if You won't reimburse her or him. Our other business is also connected to the tourist industry and we often send "lost and found" items, not always been rewarded for postage, gas and waiting time in
the post office line. But i am the owner, so i can afford it for the good of my business reputation.
If i would know about it, for sure the item would be returned to You. Maybe in future e-mail us
about issues, so we will be able to take care about it.
Linens we buy regularly, often restocking the inventory. We have Housekeeper living in the property, so the linens could be exchanged any time, or You could request different room.
We hope that You still give us a chance to erase bad impression, as we do improvements all the time and have wide variety of units.
Sincerely, management

Travelers are raving about these Idaho Springs hotels

Buenos Aires
Reviewed September 9, 2013

The hotel is on the main road, it was clean and neat. Good bed. It had coffee, fridge, TV and Microwave. We even laundered our clothes in the laundromat (the front desk gave us change).
Cheap and no frills place (64.25$ for one night Aug. 5, 2013).
Walking distance from the nice downtown area of Idaho Springs. Next to a supermarket.
The place was full.
Quiet and clean.

Room Tip: Ours was ground floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Austin W
Grace Z, Owner at H&H Motor Lodge, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear Sir, thank You very much for nice comments. We hope to accomodate You or Your relatives/friends also.
Sincerely, owner
St. John, IN
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We are on our RV trip across the country. We were passing thru Idaho Springs late in the evening and I was too tired to drive anymore. Too tired to look for RV parking so we decided to stop at a motel. They were able to accommodate us with parking our motorhome and give us a room. The place is older but the rooms are kept up surprisingly clean and comfortable. The owner was easy to deal with and accommodating. We don't usually stay at motels but I would recommend the place to anyone traveling west on I-70 from Denver.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MCO2013
Grace Z, Owner at H&H Motor Lodge, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank You very much for nice words.
Pueblo, Colorado, United States
Reviewed November 10, 2012

The stay was satisfactory. When I got to my destination in Denver that evening, I notice that I left my Birkenstock Sandals in the room. I called right away and left a message. The next day I did not hearing from them I called and left a second message. I finally received a returned message and called them. I talked the the Lady to which she says that the housekeeping did not find my sandals in the room. All that I know from here is that I returned back to Pueblo without my Birkenstock. I should have checked my belongings a third time.
G Luchin

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Grace Z, Owner at H&H Motor Lodge, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
We are sorry that you've lost something in our motel. We routinely find items left by our guests and they end up in the lost and found bin. Unfortunately, we were not able to find yours. Sorry it took so long to reply but we just recently became aware of this review.
Reviewed November 1, 2012

DISCUSTING PLACE TO STAY. FOUND BED BUGS. Unwilling to work with me unless I were to switch rooms.. which would create a huge mess unless that room already has them. Horrible guy answering the phone after hours and even worse was the manager lady! Outright called me (the PAYING customer) a liar even tho we have pictures! Ban this hotel!

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Sir and Madam,
i am sorry for so delayed reply. As the owner running this business from distance we don't have
good control on daily basis. We only can assure You, that we listen to all comments.

This motel is not hatchery for the bed bugs, they were brought by our Clients.
We quarantine the unit with neibhoring ones for about week.
We use at this time all available products: spray, powder, ozonator to kill and remove them.

It would help if You would e-mail to us, so we could either reimbure You partially or offer free stay.
We receive many compliments about our units, so apparently Your experience was not common.
Parker, Colorado
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Over Labor Day weekend I did a scouting photography trip for Mount Evans. I needed a place to stay as I'd be there three nights. I researched a number of motels in Idaho and settled on the H&H. I'm happy to report that I was pleased. The people who run it are courteous, the place is clean and the rooms are nice - overall, I'm very pleased and I intend to stay there again when I lead my photo tour in future years.

Room Tip: I checked out a few different rooms and all look nice.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank RussLittleton
Grace Z, Owner at H&H Motor Lodge, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
We are sorry with so much delayed reply. We thank You very much for nice words about our property. We really appreciate that you sacrificed You precious time to give good review.
Sorry to say, but the complaints are the loudest. Have a very Merry Christmas and profitable
New 2014 Year.
Miners Pick Bed and Breakfast
Miners Pick Bed and Breakfast
#2 of 5 in Idaho Springs
Americas Best Value Inn-Georgetown Lodge

Been to H&H Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!