“Half marathon home”
Review of Columbine Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Idaho Springs
Columbine Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Idaho Springs
Reviewed August 16, 2012

As a visitor from Texas staying in Idaho Springs for the "Georgetown to Idaho Springs Half Marathon 2012" I thoroughly enjoyed my 2 night stay at Columbine Inn. Although right on the main street of town, I did not hear street noise. The wonderful trees, landscape, flowerpots and deck area made it feel secluded. The room itself had all the ammenities I needed. It felt cozy, quaint and safe. The staff was very pleasant, friendly and helpful! I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank CSK12357

Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed in Idaho Springs in order to be close to Mt. Bierstadt, which we climbed during our stay. It was just under an hour to the trailhead from this inn. The Columbine Inn is surrounded by a grove of aspens and secluded from the road, unlike the other motels in town. The owner was friendly during checkin. The room we stayed in had two queen beds which were incredibly comfortable. The down comforter was amazing. The ac was easy to control and effective. There was cable tv and a phone in the room. The sink was pretty small and the shower pressure was great. The fan in the bathroom was loud but it didn't bug me.

It was about a one mile walk into the "downtown" historic district. We ate a mountain pizza at Beau Jo's and it was great! Also, try the Chinese place just across from the motel. Do yourself a favor and also check out the Soap Shop!
We loved our stay--Idaho Springs is a charming town in the mountains.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

Loved everything about the place, except the bathroom fan! That was the loudest fan I have ever heard...lol Bed was very comfortable, quiet, great location, friendly staff. Check in is from 3pm-8pm unless prior arrangements are made. Hot tub only seats four.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 9, 2012

The pictures posted by the Inn accurately reflect what my room looked like. I stayed in king room #6 for one night. The guy at the front desk was very friendly. I had a friend with me that stayed in a different room and she said she didn't have any complaints about her room either. I did not see any mold as the previous person commented. The Inn was sold out the night I stayed but was still very quiet.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We have stayed with Sam at the Columbine at least twenty times in the past ten years and each time he does everything he can to make our stay pleasant and comfortable. Sam always remembers us and makes us feel welcome. Rates are reasonable for Colorado and my wife and I love a nice place where we can park close to the door and we don't need to hike to our room with and overloaded cart and squeeze into a slow elevator! Sam doesn't have an exercise room, but if you enjoy a morning or evening run it's two miles from the Columbine through downtown and back. The mountain air is great! We plan to return again and again.

Room Tip: We like #4 and #5. Others are good too.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Shower curtain moldy, carpet filthy, would not let my dog sleep there. Owner very belligerent and rude and crass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TRIED to explain problems to owner, he said mold was just stains?!?!?!?!?!? Mold is mold, dirt is dirt, call it what it is and would not five a refund, had to call the POLICE !!!!! Photos are not real examples. Bathroom window broken, owner did NOT CARE!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank MAGGIE M
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Stayed here with family for 2 nights as a base for a few outdoor excursions before heading to a family reunion. Arrived in the early evening. Rooms were ready as expected. We had room 24 which was an older room and a bit crowded and dingy but clean. Family had rooms 25 and 28. 25 seemed larger and had more natural light...as did 28. The comforters were also a tad dingy. I did see a few other rooms which were updated and a bit more spacious, so I'm guessing we just had an older room. That being said, the maintenance men were very friendly and helpful as was the owner. There is a very quaint deck/patio that was lovely to sit at and read my book with a coffee. Starbucks was a short walk away which made for a lovely little walk in the crisp morning mountain air. One of the maintenance men, Bill Hitz, is an award winning wildlife photographer, and his book is available at the lodge at the base of Mt. Evans. It cost $79.99 which was a bit steep for us unfortunately. The motel is close to hiking, rafting, Mt. Evans and the Georgetown Loop Railroad. If you are looking for a reasonably priced motel with minimal complication because you are going to be active all day, this is your place. If you needwant to spend a lot of time in your room, then I would suggest looking elsewhere.

Room Tip: Based on the rooms I saw that looked more modern, I would suggest Rooms 5 or 6 or the 2 bedroom cabi...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
#1 of 19 in Golden
Winter Park Mountain Lodge
Winter Park Mountain Lodge
#3 of 14 in Winter Park

Been to Columbine Inn? Share your experiences!