“We had a great breakfast at Jiggie's cafe, Idaho Springs, Co”
Review of Jiggies Cafe - CLOSED

Jiggies Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Mother and Daughter run this cozy place with hospitality. Good quality food in a friendly environment, without airs. We are happy that we ran into this place by chance on our way to Denver.

Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

Stopped in for breakfast on July 7, 2012. Had the famous breakfast burrito after reading the reviews and it was delicious and gigantic! We also had the pancakes and they were great. Service was friendly and very fast. Prices were reasonable as well. The atmosphere was exactly what I expected from a small family owned diner. I will definitely stop by on my way through again.

Reviewed February 12, 2012

We stopped here by chance on the way back to DIA, it had the perfect look for a greasy spoon. I was ready for some good food, but the cook(jiggies daughter) was on vacation in Canada. The grandaughter who is the waitress had to step up to the cook, and I think the grandson who helps where needed had to wait on tables, he said he was a plumber. I believe he is a plumber because the urinal had an out of order sign on it, the last thing fixed in your house is always what you do 9 to 5. They tried, and I give them an A+ for effort, but they had to shut down mid morning due to the change in duties. They apologized, and pointed out that if mom was cook,ing they could have run all day with just the two ladies. We were even asked if we wanted to stay as order would not be up for at least half an hour., and we wanted to stay, so we played find a state on the car tags hung on the wall. Sorry to be blunt to the cook, but my wife actually wanted to get up, and help you out in the kitchen. No one appreciates a great short order cook until their grill is vacant. We will try them again next time through, I wish i could have met jiggy, lots of history from that one according to the menu

Reviewed September 23, 2011

Read through the TA reviews for Jiggies and think they're pretty much on the spot. If you're looking for ambience, this probably isn't your stop, but our experience was good for breakfast.

Eggs done perfectly as requested. Great bacon, ham, and cakes. Tasty coffee. I was tempted by our server's description of their breakfast burrito, but deferred due to the size of it.

The place seemd to be popular, with both tourists and locals in attendance. We would definitley stop again.

Reviewed July 8, 2011

In 2010 we visited Idaho Springs and stumbled into Jiggies at dinner time. This place is a treasure! Great hamburgers, hand cut fries and the service is unique. We went back this year and there was no change! It's an old. somewhat rundown old time cafe with talkative people and is clearly a favorite with the locals. Fair prices and food worth waiting for. We love jiggies!