“Great adventure through Denver's mountains!”
Review of ATV Experience

ATV Experience
Ranked #8 of 13 Tours in Idaho Springs
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: ATV Experience offers full service Guided ATV and Jeep tours on amazing scenic trails in the Colorado Rocky Mountains only 45 minutes West of Denver in Alice, Colorado. Experience the Continental Divide Jaw Dropping scenery and exciting off road adventure in the Arapaho National Forest. Excitement and Safe Adventure For everyone, families, corporate groups, couples getaway, right next to the continental divide at elevations up to 12,500ft! Please call for a reservation before arriving. You can book on our website, or call us.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I was referred to Randy and the Quad Squad by one of his competitors in the Denver area as they weren't able to accommodate my request for a last minute ATV trip. I called Randy and discussed with him what I wanted to do as well as some schedule restrictions I had due to my short, weekend only time in the area. As my request was for one driver/ATV only, he wasn't sure if he could make it work but offered to call me back in a few hours once he had a better handle on his tour schedule for the desired day. A few hours later I got a call back and we confirmed the details of the trip. I arrived the next day and was greeted by Randy himself. He introduced himself, got the paperwork squared away and also explained that the other people on my trip were running a bit late so our departure would be a bit delayed. We ended up waiting about an hour and half for the other people but while we waited Randy checked in with me to make sure the wait was ok and I didn't need anything. Once the rest of the group arrived, Randy sent us out with our tour guide Tim. Tim was such a sweetheart, very competent and just a joy to be on tour with. He made sure we had a great ride by taking breaks at a few scenic vista points and checking in with us to make sure we were comfortable, the bikes were riding ok and we were enjoying the ride. We booked the 2 hour tour and got a good solid 2 hours of riding time on some pretty technical trails...I've ridden in a number of different environments and I have to say I think Idaho Springs was among the tougher terrain, and so much fun! The machines themselves seemed in great shape....500 and 600s both of which could accommodate two. I'd HIGHLY recommend an ATV trip with the Quad Squad and am looking forward to seeing them for another ride in Palm Springs as well!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Randy does a great job. His tours up in the mountains are great fun. His equipment is first rate. I wish had more time than the 2 hours I booked. Views from the mountains are spectacular.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

My husband and I had been in SoCal for several days already traveling along the coast to La Jolla, San Diego and Coronado. He wanted to do something completely different and found The Quad Squad online and we booked a ride. We went for 3 hours in the high desert in the afternoon. The colors in the Canyon were beautiful and the mountains were breathtaking. Randy is a true professional and gave us training on our ATV's and we got our gear on. Then we were off. It was well worth it and truly an adventure. We even saw the Salton Sea, which we didn't expect. A great way to end the day would be to book a night at a Spa nearby after your ride. That is what we did.

We would love to meet up with him in Colorado and do another one of his tours!

Reviewed February 14, 2013

We had a group of 4 - we met right off Hwy 10 East of Palm Springs - hooked up w/ Randy and Dana - (both wonderful tour leaders), had a brief instruction session, helmets, goggles, gloves, and bandana's provided - then we were OFF! Excellent machines btw: which of course, makes for a better ride. We opted for the 4 hour intermediate/advanced Red Canyon tour - and although exhausting, it was the ride of a lifetime! Seriously people, do not miss this if you are out in this area of California. Both our guides were knowledgeable and helpful. This was the most fun that I have had in years !!! Thanks Randy - thanks Dana!

See more reviews
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Went on a 3-hour ride with these guys it was the highlight of a weeklong stay in the Palm Springs area. Ended up being a private ride with my 15-yr-old son, me and our guide Dana.

Trip leaves right from a parking area just off Hwy 10 and you are immediately on the dirt -- heading toward the canyons and Salton Sea.

Dana did a great job assessing our skills as we took off down the trail and then took us into some more challenging areas once he know we were up to it. We passed another group with younger kids who were moving at a slower pace -- which is great to see as flipping a quad is great way to ruin your day.

The trails and canyons are awesome and I was constantly torn between wanting to crawl along and take in the views and wanting the rush of bombing around the corners.

Dana was a wealth of information about local geology, which made the water/rest breaks interesting.

Owner Randy is nice guy and this whole outfit is professional. Great guys and very fun adventure.

Only thing lacking was a helmet video cam -- I have to get one before I go back because I still can't believe how cool this ride was. BTW: Wear your grubbies prepare to get coated in some nice clear dirt.

2  Thank Dan B