“ATV at it's BEST !”

ATV Experience
Ranked #9 of 13 Tours in Idaho Springs
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: ATV Experience offers full service Guided tours on your own ATV 4-wheeler on amazing scenic trails in the Colorado Rocky Mountains only 40 minutes West of Denver, Colorado in St Mary's Glacier. We have ATV, and UTV tours. For families, corporate groups, couples getaway, right next to the continental divide at elevations up to 12,500ft! Please call for a reservation before arriving. You can book on our website, or call us.
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We had a group of 4 - we met right off Hwy 10 East of Palm Springs - hooked up w/ Randy and Dana - (both wonderful tour leaders), had a brief instruction session, helmets, goggles, gloves, and bandana's provided - then we were OFF! Excellent machines btw: which of course, makes for a better ride. We opted for the 4 hour intermediate/advanced Red Canyon tour - and although exhausting, it was the ride of a lifetime! Seriously people, do not miss this if you are out in this area of California. Both our guides were knowledgeable and helpful. This was the most fun that I have had in years !!! Thanks Randy - thanks Dana!

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Went on a 3-hour ride with these guys it was the highlight of a weeklong stay in the Palm Springs area. Ended up being a private ride with my 15-yr-old son, me and our guide Dana.

Trip leaves right from a parking area just off Hwy 10 and you are immediately on the dirt -- heading toward the canyons and Salton Sea.

Dana did a great job assessing our skills as we took off down the trail and then took us into some more challenging areas once he know we were up to it. We passed another group with younger kids who were moving at a slower pace -- which is great to see as flipping a quad is great way to ruin your day.

The trails and canyons are awesome and I was constantly torn between wanting to crawl along and take in the views and wanting the rush of bombing around the corners.

Dana was a wealth of information about local geology, which made the water/rest breaks interesting.

Owner Randy is nice guy and this whole outfit is professional. Great guys and very fun adventure.

Only thing lacking was a helmet video cam -- I have to get one before I go back because I still can't believe how cool this ride was. BTW: Wear your grubbies prepare to get coated in some nice clear dirt.

2  Thank Dan B
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We did this ATV tour while visiting in the Palm Springs area and our family had a great time. My kids were age 9 and 6 at the time and thus sat behind my husband and me as passengers so it works well for families with children that are at least school age. They really enjoyed it a lot and the beginning Little Box canyon trail was just right for all of us. There were bumps, hills, turns, and staight-aways.so you get quite a variety of terrain to experience.
Bring along a bandanna to keep dust out and to keep your face from getting dirty. I would also suggest bringing along a water in case you get thirsty during the 2 hour tour.

1  Thank anchi123
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Went on a tour with Randy in Palm Springs. There was a big group and we were the only ones that had small children (11 and 8). Randy was nice enough to break the group up and take us on our own. He was great with our kids and they had a blast. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We went on our Quad Squad ATV desert tour while vacationing in Palm Desert, California .It was amazing!!! The four of us are in our fifties and weren't interested in thrill seaking or challenging terrain, and our guide, Steve, adapted the tour to suit our needs. The scenery was awesome and we could stop anytime for pictures. A trip of a lifetime. If you have ever ridden a quad before, no matter how old you are, this trip is for you. I am an amputee, and rode on the bike with my husband driving. It was an adventure and a very unique experience. Steve and the owner Randy are perfect guides and very nice people.

1  Thank Joan H