“Great with Kids”

ATV Experience
Ranked #9 of 13 Tours in Idaho Springs
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: ATV Experience offers full service Guided tours on your own ATV 4-wheeler on amazing scenic trails in the Colorado Rocky Mountains only 40 minutes West of Denver, Colorado in St Mary's Glacier. We have ATV, and UTV tours. For families, corporate groups, couples getaway, right next to the continental divide at elevations up to 12,500ft! Please call for a reservation before arriving. You can book on our website, or call us.
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Went on a tour with Randy in Palm Springs. There was a big group and we were the only ones that had small children (11 and 8). Randy was nice enough to break the group up and take us on our own. He was great with our kids and they had a blast. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We went on our Quad Squad ATV desert tour while vacationing in Palm Desert, California .It was amazing!!! The four of us are in our fifties and weren't interested in thrill seaking or challenging terrain, and our guide, Steve, adapted the tour to suit our needs. The scenery was awesome and we could stop anytime for pictures. A trip of a lifetime. If you have ever ridden a quad before, no matter how old you are, this trip is for you. I am an amputee, and rode on the bike with my husband driving. It was an adventure and a very unique experience. Steve and the owner Randy are perfect guides and very nice people.

1  Thank Joan H
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I recently went on a trip with my son and one of the 1st day activities I had planned was The Quad Squad Tour. My son and I loved it so much, we went on another tour a few days later!

We did the trail with the mines the first day, but my favorite was the Jones Trail. The Jones Trail is a non-technical ride, but you are still driving up a mountain on a 4 wheeler with inclines and drop offs and truly incredible views.. What a great way to experience the area! The views are huge and frankly, what we come to see when we go to Colorado.

Everything they say about Randy is true. My son needed some coaching through some rough spots and Randy did great without making my son feel like an idiot. Randy is awesome.

The equipment is well maintained. The guides are great and they know what they are doing. Schedule at least on tour in - you will be glad you did.

Functional Items: They provide helmets & gloves. Suggest closed toe shoes and no matter how warm it is down (90 in Denver), is was 50 degrees up top. Take a jacket. They will provide some water.

1  Thank KatyFlatlander
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We recently took a group of 13 employees from our company out for a day of ATV'ing with Quad Squad. We had an amazing time! We did the Yankee Hill trail and it was a perfect combo of beautiful scenery and challenging and fun terrain. Some of the people in our group had ridden ATVs before, and some were first-timers. Randy and Tim with Quad Squad couldn't have been better guides. They got everyone excited and pumped up, made sure everyone felt safe and was comfortable on their ATVs and just made for a great day all around. Great experience for small or big groups, families, or anyone looking to have a truly memorable outdoor experience in the Rockies.

1  Thank Bobby A
Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

Randy, the tour guide and owner, was amazing. He was able to accommodate our family of 4 on just a day's notice. He went above and beyond in caring for our safety and happiness while out on the trails. We would break frequently to touch base and capture the views. Then, on the way down, he actually took my 8yo daughter onto his machine to give her a smoother ride in the front. These are the ROCKY Mtns so be prepared for an adventure. Definitely worth the spend for the experience!!!

1  Thank Wablec