“The best place to dine in Clear Creek County!”
Review of Azteca

Azteca
Ranked #16 of 36 Restaurants in Idaho Springs
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Their Phone # is 303-567-2933
Description: Their Phone # is 303-567-2933
Reviewed January 5, 2014

My husband and I have lived in Idaho Springs for a little over four years now and have never really made a habit of going out to eat...mostly because my husband is a graduate of Le Cordon Bleu and a culinary ninja, so we choose to enjoy our meals at home. One evening, however, we wanted to get out of the house for dinner, so we chose to give Azteca a try, and it is one of the best decisions we've made since moving to this little mountain community!!

We enjoyed that first experience at Azteca so much, in fact, that we have eaten there at least once a week, sometimes twice, ever since. First of all, the service is AWESOME!! You will be greeted with a smile and treated like one of the family at every single visit. The margaritas are INCREDIBLE. Give the homemade tequila a shot, literally!! The food...I don't even know where to begin...we have tried so many items on the menu and have never once been, even slightly, disappointed!!

This is a restaurant to which we have since taken every one of our out-of-town guests, and the experience is always raved about afterwards. Stop in Azteca, hang out for an hour or two, enjoy the ambiance, the company and the tequila!!

1  Thank TMM1111
There are newer reviews for Azteca

Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Yummy! The owner was actually our waiter. The food and service were great! I got the Azteca burrito. Highly recommended!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I had a spinach quesadilla and it was one of the yummiest things I've ever ordered from a "healthy item" side of a menu.

Their chile-con-queso is also very good, though I'm sure not at all healthy. Service is very friendly though they took their time getting us the check. All in all, I had a great lunch there.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

The food at Azteca was your typical Mexican food - not bad, but nothing special. The servings were large, and we were unable to finish our meal. The complimentary corn chips were a nice touch, and the service was good. We ordered margaritas to drink, and they were the highlight of my meal.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This place salsa slaw with the chips which is really nice. The food (there were four of us) was not wow but its not bad. We ate here because they allow dogs on their outside patio, you don't find similar places in Idaho Springs. Service was very good and the bathroom (in Spanish so you have to look for the pictures to make sure you enter the correct one) is very clean and nice. If we bring our dogs again, will be back.