“Fun experience close to Denver - great guides”

Liquid Descent Whitewater Rafting
Ranked #3 of 13 Tours in Idaho Springs
More attraction details
Owner description: Liquid Descent provides premium rafting trips on Colorado's most exciting river, Clear Creek! Located just 30 minutes from Denver, Clear Creek offers whitewater rafting for all levels. Whether you are a first time rafter or a seasoned adrenaline junkie, Liquid Descent has the rafting adventure for you!
Reviewed June 30, 2015

Friends and I did the Half-Day Intermediate trip with really high river levels. It was a great time with lots of whitewater action but nothing terrifying. You definitely need to prepare to get wet with VERY cold water! The guides were amazing - both in their navigation skills and the information they shared about the various whitewater sections and the history of the area. My friends and I go up almost every year and try to go with Liquid Descent because we've always had a great experience. The facilities are a bit basic but I think most raft places are similar. It's great to pair a half-day morning trip with a well-deserved lunch & beer in Idaho Springs.

All reviews
"the perfect spot"
"short bus"
"large group"
in 7 reviews
"highly recommend this group"
"made us feel"
in 9 reviews
"great attitude"
"out of state"
in 4 reviews
"early june"

Reviewed June 30, 2015

I 100% recommend this group for white water rafting. It appears to be the most popular company when you search online, and there is a good reason for it. This was my first time white water rafting, and my friends signed us up for the intermediate tour - I was a little scared, but expected that the guide would help me figure out what to do. It was a blast. The company orients you well, teaches you how to paddle and stay safe. Our guide led us expertly as we had a great time on the water, getting our whole group to act like a team. They have great gear, very clean. All staff members there are friendly and helpful. We arrived an hour before our trip started, and they were very chill about letting us hang out on their couches and picnic tables. I met the owner, who opened Liquid Descent 8 years ago. He says he works to build a culture within the staff where they care about connecting you with nature, helping you expand your comfort zones, and creating good memories with your friends.

1  Thank Tangelo17
Reviewed June 29, 2015

We went for a bachelor party and a ride of the raging Clear Creek and we got a crazy ride. We flipped on the Phoenix rapid and experienced the full power of the creek. Liquid Decent was prepared for any problems and had extra people waiting to assist us at this point. They were very safe and provided plenty of safety measure to ensure everyone had a good ride.

Reviewed June 29, 2015

As the owner of another rafting company in the state, I know a great operation when I see it. Liquid Descent brings quality gear and a commitment to safety for a fun experience with their guests. Went on the full day advanced canyon and had a great time.