“What a Great Group at Liquid Descent!”

Liquid Descent Whitewater Rafting
Ranked #3 of 13 Tours in Idaho Springs
More attraction details
Owner description: Liquid Descent provides premium rafting trips on Colorado's most exciting river, Clear Creek! Located just 30 minutes from Denver, Clear Creek offers whitewater rafting for all levels. Whether you are a first time rafter or a seasoned adrenaline junkie, Liquid Descent has the rafting adventure for you!
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We booked a last minute trip on Clear Creek last week and had a blast. What a fun little river ... much more so than our Brown Canyon trip with another company earlier in the week. Our guide, Lee, was awesome as well. I'd highly recommend this trip (advanced) to families with teenagers looking for an adventure rush with experienced guides. Thanks, Liquid Descent!

All reviews
"the perfect spot"
"short bus"
"large group"
in 7 reviews
"highly recommend this group"
"made us feel"
in 9 reviews
"great attitude"
"out of state"
in 4 reviews
"early june"

Reviewed July 21, 2014

I took the whole family for our first whitewater rafting trip. We had a great time. The staff was very thorough when explaining everything that we should know. Lee was our guide and he did an excellent job explaining what we needed to do before each part of the river. When we return to Colorado we will book another trip with them.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

My husband and I did the intermediate half day on Clear Creek at the end of June, and had a blast. Neither of us had ever been, so we were a little nervous. The guides were great. They made things fun, but were sure to give you all the important information you needed. Their directions were clear and made me feel more at ease.
The equipment they provided was in great shape (wetsuit, jacket, pfd, and helmet) and rafts and paddles in good condition. My husband rented water shoes for a few bucks. They have bathrooms and changing rooms on-site. After you change they suggest locking valuables in your car and they keep your keys until you return from the trip. They load everybody onto a bus and take you down to the insertion point. They gave instruction on the bus trip and when the rafts were unloaded at the river.
They have people taking photos of you while you're on the river, and then they display them on screens back at the building. The disc's are $50 and we got about 30 photos. You can't buy photos individually. We split the cost with another couple that was on our raft and just sent them copies. We got a lot of great photos. I'd definitely go back and raft with this company again!

Reviewed July 14, 2014

My church took 150 people rafting in a matter of a couple hours & Liquid Descent was very efficient with everything. Elpadron (sorry if I slaughtered your name) was my guide and he was so much fun and knew exactly what he was doing! If I ever return to Colorado, I will definitely be going again!!

See more reviews
Reviewed July 13, 2014

My first trip whitewater rafting was two weeks ago. We had Chris as our guide and he was great. I took my 7 year old niece on this beginner trip. I never once felt like she was in an unsafe situation. Chris made sure to put us at ease.

Today we returned and had Jon as our intermediate guide and we had an extremely fun time! Jon was very interactive and got to know us personally on the trip. He informed us of the trip in Gore Canyon that opens in August sometime, and we will for sure be joining Liquid Descent for that trip!

The company had nice equipment that is included in the price. The only add-on are the booties, which I highly suggest for $3.

I will look nowhere else for my rafting trips! Safety is a huge priority for them. I highly recommend Liquid Descent! This company is A++!