“Great Place for Breakfast and Lunch”

Marion's of the Rockies
Ranked #10 of 36 Restaurants in Idaho Springs
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Marions is a locally owned and operated family restaurant specializing in breakfast and lunch cuisine. A locals favorite for sure with a high reputation for friendly staff, amazing food and reasonable pricing!! Stop in today and find out why this stop has become an Idaho Springs tradition for so many valued customers over the past 36 years!! Hope to see you soon!
South Carolina
“Great Place for Breakfast and Lunch”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

After coming down the mountain and on the way to the Denver airport, we were pleasantly surprised at how easy Marion's was to find off I-70 exit 241 less than one half mile.
My husband and I had breakfast that was pretty good. Our daughter does not eat breakfast. We asked and they said she could order lunch. Usually you can order breakfast anytime of the time day but not lunch. Service was friendly maybe a little on the slow side but the food was good.

• Visited June 2013

Roanoke, Virginia
“Food is just okay”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My friends and I were on our way from Golden, Co to the Loveland Pass. We decided to stop in Idaho Springs to grab some lunch. Upon doing some research of the best restaurants in Idaho Springs, we came across Marion's of the Rockies. Maybe they have a really good breakfast, but unfortunately we were there for lunch. In my opinion, the food was just okay. I would not stop there again, if passing though. While this seems like a down home, local-type restaurant that my grandparents would love… it was not for me. The inside is a reflection of the outside - very dated, probably back to 1978 when they opened. The food was bland. My husband ordered a grilled chicken sandwich. While the chicken was good, he said the bun was soggy. I ordered a cheeseburger. I may be wrong, but it seemed like they just grilled a frozen beef patty. My bun was soggy in parts as well. A friend ordered the breakfast burrito, which she seemed to like. Another friend ordered the fried chicken dinner with mashed potatoes, which he also seemed to like. Upon further inspection of driving though the town, we realized this just may be the best place in town since the town is so small. On a positive note, the staff was very friendly, the bathrooms were clean, the restaurant was clean, they have air conditioning and they are conveniently located just off of the highway.

• Visited July 2013
Colorado
“Much better than I hought it would be”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stopped in for a breakfast based on reviews and was really surprised. Not much atmosphere but great food. Well prepared and flavorful. Good friendly service.

Visited July 2013
ScottyM639, Owner at Marion's of the Rockies, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Happy that you stopped in, and even happier that you enjoyed your meal!! Hope you come in again on your way through Idaho Springs.
Houston, Texas
“If I lived there, I would go everyday!!!!! Breakfast is the best ever.”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

ALL the staff was so nice and loved sharing stories. The amount of food was huge, but we tried to eat it all, it was sooo good.

Visited June 2013
LOL.... love this review!! Wish you lived here too! Then I'd say hi everyday! Hope to see you back soon!!
Boulder, CO
“Not joyous”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

There are signs in this restaurant attesting to how "joyous" this place is. I did not find that to be the case.

Visited June 2013
Was it the Music?? I swear eveyday I open and that new Cher song comes on XM I get upset...LOL
Hope you come back though for another amazing meal.