“SO much fun!”
Review of Raft Masters

Raft Masters
Ranked #8 of 13 Tours in Idaho Springs
More attraction details
Owner description: Raft Masters provides mild to wild whitewater rafting. Fun and exciting trips for ages 6 and older. Walk-Ins welcome, reservations are recommended.
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We did the 1/3 day Intermediate trip out on Clear Creek which gave us just over an hour of actual rafting time (I found this to be enough time). The water was high due to all the snow this season, so it was pretty intense! It was our first time rafting and I was uneasy going in, but I'm so glad I did the Intermediate trip rather than beginner (however, I would NOT recommend if you have children or aren't at least somewhat "fit" - meaning, able to move around quickly, hold on tight, and swim). Our guides were excellent and really knew what they were doing. Some of our group actually fell out of the raft on one of the really rough drops, and the guides got them to safety within minutes. Wet suits, booties, helmets, are all included. The post has a bathroom and changing area (no showers).

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Booked a rafting trip for 11 guys on Clear Creek - Could not have been better! Full day trip was a great way to spend the day - the provided lunch was much better then expected. The guides were great between the 2 boats and were a lot of fun to interact with.

The water was very high, but we all felt very safe and were able to joke around between rapids. I would highly recommend Raftmasters again!

Thanks for giving us all a great experience!

Reviewed June 1, 2014

This is year four of us using Raft Masters as our go to rafting outfitter for the Royal Gorge and for Clear Creek. Everyone in the office, especially Kizzy who deals with me every year, makes us feel like family when we are there. The guides are all awesome, very experienced, friendly, and helpful. The equipment is all in good condition and they provide everything you need to have a safe and fun adventure. The water levels were great when we were there and everyone made sure we were able to take full advantage of that. I appreciate the office staff going out of their way to offer to us, and allow us to, upgrade to the advanced run the day we were there. I know it took a lot of on the fly logistical planning to make it happen but their efforts paid off because we loved every minute of it! There is no one else we will ever use for rafting in Canon City or in Idaho Springs. Raft Masters was the very first company we ever rafted with; we have now been around the country on numerous rafting trips and they set the bar for our expectations everywhere we go. I am trying to find a way to stuff another trip to Colorado into my schedule this spring/summer since the water is so great, so hopefully I see everyone at Raft Masters again sooner than next year!!!

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Fun River section. Did the Intermediate (some would say advanced) section. Guides were Dave and Nikki. Never thought of that river being so exciting and continuous. Have many years experience and that topped out as one of the best on my list of small fast rivers class III-IV. Staff was courteous and professional. Keep up the good work guys.

Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

First time rafting on the intermediate course. Instructors are great, really friendly and informative. Only about 3 rapids on the course that are anything worthwhile and the water wasn't too low.

Expensive for photos and the equipment (wetsuits, boots etc) stinks and is pretty worn and torn! But all in all a good day.