“Good lunch near Mt. Evans”

Hilldaddy's Wildfire Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 36 Restaurants in Idaho Springs
Cuisines: American, Italian, Mexican
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We stopped here after driving the Mount Evans Scenic ByWay. The food was BIG,delicious and very reasonable. I had the nachos (which could have fed 4 people) and my husband had the club with their homemade chips. We didn't have room for pie but seeing some at other tables it looked great!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Based on Tripadvisor recommendation, we stopped at Wildfire. We were seated outside at our request. Although noisy (next to I70), it was very pleasant. I had the eggs Benedict. The eggs were prepared just the way I requested, the ham was exceptional and the sauce was very good. The coffee was good. My wife had french toast. Portions are very generous. I had to have my wife help me with my Benedict, and I had a piece of her french toast and a piece of her bacon. Although I overate, it was really a good place to stop. Definitely will return.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

While I might be clouded by the previous day's lackluster breakfast in Lakewood this place was a bit of a surprise. There were two restaurants close to each other and the "other" place had lots of cars around it. We decided to take a chance and eat at the place less traveled and we chose well. Good service with cheerful staff. So many choices and great when we got it. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

The home made chips are to die for. The food was great the service is down home. We will stop there before we head out. Dont miss this gold mine of cafe. Best green chill EVER.

1  Thank Michael G
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We stopped for breakfast on our way back to Colorado Springs from Grand Junction. We usually pick up fast food on our way through but were ready to get out of the car for a while and picked Wildfire based on TripAdvisor reviews. We weren't disappointed at all in the food or friendly service. We had traditional breakfast which is my favorite (eggs, meat, potatoes, and toast/muffin) - all excellently prepared. The decor could use some updating...it was tired, needed dusting/cleaning, and the Christmas stuff was a bit much in June. It wouldn't hurt if the servers were in some sort of uniform - just jeans and matching tee shirts would identify them more easily and bring a more professional look to the place. All in all, I recommend it and would definitely go back!