“Terrible service - bad attitude”

Main Street Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I can't speak to the food because we never got to that point 45 minutes after being seated. It took 10 minutes just to get a menu and went downhill from there. After seeing two tables that arrived after us get served their breakfasts, I found our waitress to let her know and her first response was "then you don't have to have your food." I accommodated her but she had the audacity to charge us $5.50 for two cups of coffee which I stupidly paid for. . Next time I'm in Idaho Springs, I'll stick with Tommyknockers for everything..

4  Thank Mutt99

Reviewed July 24, 2012

I had the make-your-own-omlette with lobster and cheese, plus fresh cheese and jalapen bread. Perfect meal. Pretty sure I was the only tourist in the place. Building was built during the gold rush, looks it. Nope, not trendy or touristy but a great place nonetheless.

1  Thank jax848
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is one of the delights of Idaho Springs! We never miss breakfast here when we are in town...which is at the beginning or end of most of our Colorado trips. Hard working staff hustle some of the best food you can ask for from a small restaurant. It is simply outstanding. I have seen a lot of reviews complaining about service, but I have experienced no such thing and we are in town during both the busy summer time and in the dead time between summer and ski seasons. Great food and the small staff busts their back sides to keep up with the flow off people.

Breakfast, lunch & dinner served all day we hear...

Reviewed June 24, 2012

Lots of locals come here, at least for breakfast, usually an indication of consistently decent food. Service was slow (only one waitress) but our omelets / ingredients were fresh & hot, the home-fried potatoes were real &, yes, they make all their own breads, which were delicious. Old, funky little place but we enjoyed that atmosphere. Will definitely return.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Cute atmosphere, mixed reviews on entrees. All agree home made bread was delicious. Keep it simple and you won't be dissapointed. Skip the corned beef hash.