“Awesome time!”

Clear Creek Rafting Company
Ranked #1 of 13 Tours in Idaho Springs
More attraction details
Owner description: Clear Creek Rafting Company offers guided whitewater rafting trips for all ages and abilities on two of Colorado's most popular rivers. Clear Creek just 30 minutes from Denver. With a free photo CD of your trip, and free wetsuit and splash Jacket use on all trips, Clear Creek Rafting Company provides the best value in rafting.
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Ellis was our guide and he was a professional! We had a great time and a great view of the Gorge ! We highly recommend this company! Thanks Clear Creek!

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"intermediate level"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Ellis is an amazing guide and extremely knowledgable. He will keep you safe and entertain you the entire time down the river. The view was spectacular and Ellis also explained the history of the area as well as information on the rock formations. I highly recommend him or Sean as your guide. As far as some of the other bad posts I've read about low water levels the view itself and being able to see Colorado at it's best is worth it even if it's low.

1  Thank Melanie A
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Our tour guide was great, but rafting was not too exciting....more of a float down since the water was really really low! Had to push raft at times. Good news is you get free pictures which are really good quality! Would like to come back when river fills.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Water level was low but it was still fun. The trip follows the road so it is a bit noisy and you can hear the traffic. Guide was very friendly and kept it entertaining

See more reviews
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Having never been white water rafting before, I was beyond pumped at what I read online was a half day (4 hour) intermediate trip through Class 3 & Class 4 rapids. I paid online and when I got to the place, nothing was mentioned that what I paid for ($55 a person) was NOT at all what I would be getting. Until I asked if we could bring water with us since it was going to be a hot 4 hours on the river, no one said a thing to my group that the trip would only be ONE hour instead of the four hours I had paid for. I was absolutely shocked. They refunded part of our money, but it blows me away that had I not said anything, I would've paid full price for a one hour trip and wondered what the hell happened when it was over. For a place that gets such rave reviews and has truly phenomenal guides who are upbeat and positive, it felt like a complete bait and switch. My advice to you, if you're going anytime soon, when you get online to book your trip make sure to call BEFORE you go and ask them about the water levels and what is available and make sure you don't get screwed over paying full price for 1/4 the product. In our "pre raft" gathering with the guide teaching us boat safety, he flat out says "don't expect anything super exciting, you won't get that true white water rafting experience today because the water is too low". It's shocking that a company wouldn't tell you that up front. I understand you can't control the weather but you can definitely be honest with people and this experience was a far cry from that.
The only thing that made this from being a terrible experience was our guide, who was outgoing,funny and apologetic about the trip being so lame. The guide was greatness. They kept telling us, "come back next summer, it'll be so much better". That's great but what about the money I paid this summer? You see the photos attached to this company but what we got was a lazy river maybe 6 inches deep with two separate six foot drops of actual whitewater. It felt like going into a five star steakhouse and when you order the steak they bring out spam and say "Oh sorry, yeah we ran out of steak but hey, here's a few bucks back and you still get fed." Ridiculous. Just flat out bad business practice from a company that seemingly, when the water is high, is a lot of fun. Again, I was completely shell shocked at what I experienced. Call BEFORE you go and don't let them rip you off.

2  Thank Matt M