See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 14, 2017

Worst stay ever. Terrible check in person. no heat, tv did not work. had to ask 3 times for someone to turn on heater then they had to light pilot light with lighter. terrible beds. absolutly the worst motel we ever stayed at and it was 95$. now i know why there was a sign in the lobby that said NO REFUNDS. KEEP GOING DON'T STOP THERE. We had to leave at 4 a.m. could not take it anymore. The State needs to check this DUMP out and CLOSE IT DOWN.

Room tip: Don't stay this place is a DUMP!!!!!
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Jae K, Owner at 6 & 40 Motel, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2018

Hello Samuel W L,

We have recently hire new staff for the front desk and currently we are planning a major renovation of our motel and apologize for your poor experience here. It is our policy to not allow refunds especially after a customer has paid for their stay and/ or slept through the night. The renovations that have happened was replacing all our mattresses with new ones and we will also be looking into installing new appliances.

In regards to the service, I would like to inform you that this motel is run by a family and we are first time owners of a hospitality business, and during the time of your stay it was a stressful situation because a family member was admitted into hospice care and although it is no excuse for the service you received, we hope you will give us another chance in the future.

6 & 40 Motel

Reviewed May 30, 2017

Husband and I travel 3 weeks out of the year and just grab a hotel wherever we are at the time. This hotel looked kinda run down on the outside but was surprisingly clean and accomadating on the inside. The problem? The man that checked us in at 10 pm, let me know no smoking, which is fine. We were very tired and was asleep within an hour of getting into room. At 1:55 am, the smoke detector started blasting in 3 blast increments. We jumped up and I got onto a chair to see if there was a button. I had to remove the detector. We were scared to death and started checking everything out for smoke/heat. I read the back of the detector and by hitting the button that I did, only hushed it for 10 minutes. I called the front desk. When I told him what happened, he said, "I told you no smoking". I said, "we wasnt smoking, we was in bed, in a deep sleep." He shows up a few minutes later, wearing a respirator, asks if I had turned the heater on, which I had done. Takes the smoke dectector, says I told you no smoking! I told him AGAIN, we was not smoking, we was asleep. He said something else and I told him that I could not understand what he was saying. He said nothing else, took the detector, and left the room. He did not come back! I laid there for about an hour, kept getting up and checking everything to make sure there was no fire or smoke. I had paid in cash and he had no credit card on file so he couldnt charge me some kind of fee, due to his unfounded and untrue accusation. I found the little ***hole to be a rude and obnoxious person and will NOT stop back there again and will not recommend this place to anyone due to this episode. He left us with no detector, which I believe may be in violation of fire codes. He did not give receipt, which may mean he doesnt claim all the room income. I almost texted my kids back in Ohio to let them know what happened before I went back to sleep in case there was a fire or something. Just to let them know what really happened. He was rude and an idiot and I will never return!! And, could never link to the free internet.

Room tip: go to another hotel
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 16, 2017 via mobile

Ok, not a five star hotel but I absolutely needed a place to dry out. I arrived at approx 9am in a driving rain storm. I tried three other places and none would check me in prior to 3pm. They all had rooms available at the time but couldn't help. So I tried the 6&40. It looks rough but the desk clerk was eager to help me. Early check in was not a problem. I can't brag about the room but it was clean enough and everything worked. The owner insisted that I park my motorcycle in his parking spot under an awning. Great service.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed April 5, 2017

We stopped out of desperation as the weather was bad and it was the first place in town, previous reviews don't justify how bad this place is, there are other places to stay just minutes away. Don't do it to yourself or your friends and family, Drive on by

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2017

My Wife and I were travelling, it was late and were looking for a bed. At the time the motel had 3 stars on Trip advisor. The clerk was nice but the rug in the lobby should have been a "sign", also should have been the "Elvis".
We paid an extra $5 for our Boston Terrier and given a towel for him to sleep on which I thought was odd but confusingly complied to keep her happy.
Our Room(31) upon entry looked as though a "Squatter" had lived in for months. Carpet was disgusting, ceiling was falling down, Bed had no mattress pad, mattress was filthy and stained. Walls had splatter of some sort stuck to it. Bathroom Gross
Was a real disappointment and turn off.
I didn't even want our dog laying on the carpet, we kept him in his kennel for his own sake.
Slept in my clothes and left round 4:30 am after some sleep.
Wifi was a "no go"

I suppose the $70 a night charge was a bargain in "ski resort country" but not to me.

The only bright spot was the nice river in the back and the location from the highway

Room tip: Are any rooms renovated?.......ours was disgusting.
Date of stay: March 2017