“DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!”
Review of Indian Hot Springs

Indian Hot Springs
More attraction details
Owner description: World Famous Indian Hot Springs in Denver's Back Yard! Come up into the foothills of the Rockies and relax in our naturally hot mineral baths. A quick drive West on I-70 only 30 minutes away from Denver. From our most popular Vapor Caves to the Outdoor/Indoor Private Baths or the Tropical Swim Pool, be assured you will find what soaking experience you desire. Full Spa Services are also available daily.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Castle Rock, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Went here today with my wife for our anniversary. Massages and hot springs. What a joke! The hot springs are caves that you can't go into with your wife - men's and women's. The outdoor jacuzzi's are the dirtiest, nastiest hot tubs you will ever see. GROSS. Then the $85 per person massage. Well its more like a backrub because they do not know what they are doing. This was definitely the biggest waste of $170 in our life. DO NOT GO, DO NOT GO, DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY....unless you really enjoy paying way to much for a disgusting environment.

Visited August 2013
6 Thank Jameson M

25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Hot Springs a Disappointment”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My daughter and I didn't stay in the hotel but went specifically for the hot springs. The staff was friendly and helpful - 5 stars for them, but the Geo Thermal Cave Baths and Club Mud - nasty. The locker rooms were fine, but in the cave baths and mud room we didn't want to touch anything. The mud in Club Mud was a big pot of cold mud which was very unappealing and left our arms and legs feeling dried out (we were afraid to put it on our faces). There were exposed pipes in all the rooms we went into, ceiling tiles missing in the mud room and and even a hole in the wall leading to outside in an above ground tub room we got a peek in. There have to be health or facility code violations at this place. It will not leave you feeling relaxed, pampered or healthy.

Visited August 2013
5 Thank Beth W
Fairview, Oklahoma
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great massage”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

The massage was great. Pam was amazing. An hour bath came with the deal. I chose to try the cave bath since that would be new to me. For people who like a sauna, this would be ideal. I prefer to breathe cool air so I didn't use the entire hour. The towel and cover-up sheet I was given were very worn out. The locker room was dated and didn't feel clean and sanitary. But the excellent massage made up for the other shortcomings.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Pat R
Chester, Virginia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Renovations and Storm Left Us Disappointed”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My wife and I went here during a Colorado vacation. We did not have really high expectations based on reading online reviews from various people. I made reservations for our room in the lodge a week in advance. The person was very friendly, and warned that none of their rooms had air conditioning just to make sure. I figured what the heck it would be an adventure.

When we got to Idaho Springs, thank goodness for the big billboard or we would have had a really tough time finding the place. We arrived well before the 3:00 check-in, so we stopped in town at the visitor's center (nice little museum with the history of the area) and then took the drive up to the top of Mount Evans (worth the trip). We then had a late lunch at Buffalo Restaurant (kind of wish we had checked in first because we could have gotten 20% off with the VIP pass from the resort). But this isn't a review of the surrounding attractions.

The desk staff at check-in was friendly and helpful, and the clerk let us do a self-guided tour to decide what "extras" we wanted to do, and this is where the disappointments began. The pool roof was off and they had a big tarp hanging over it. The mud room looked okay. Then we were given keys to check out the caves, indoor and outdoor baths. The men's cave was crowded (I knew it was clothing-optional so wasn't surprised by the nudity), but even the dressing area was at sauna temperatures (one guy actually stepped out into the hall in his towel to cool down). We saw two of the indoor rooms with different types of baths, both of which looked like locker rooms (a tile mosaic doesn't help much), and the temperatures were again at sauna levels because there was no ventilation at all. The outside Jacuzzi area had a nice set up, although the "view" was of a mountainside. After some discussion, my wife and I chose to do the mud room and a late session at the outdoor Jacuzzi (hoping for a clear night to see the stars). They then put on a paper bracelet to indicate the services we had paid for and gave us the key to our room.

Our room in the lodge was right out of a Holiday Inn from the 1960's. Starting with an actual metal key for the door to the room so obviously the hallways weren't secure (the door at the end of the hallway was propped open to the outside world and despite being a non-smoking facility there were cigarette butts in the hallway). It has been a looooong time since I have seen a "sanitized for your protection" tape across the toilet and shower caps sitting beside the shampoo and soap. We were on the first floor (and actually a little below ground level when we looked out the window). For a room with no air conditioning, I was surprised that there were no screens on the window so we didn't feel comfortable leaving the window open.

We got our suits on and walked across the street to the pool (yes, the lodging rooms are on the opposite side of the street from the spa). The pool was not actively being worked on, but looked like a construction site. There was a large family playing in the pool (with one of the kids throwing a dive toy around and then swimming after it (I later discovered it was a grinding wheel from the roof work!). Holes in the tarp showed that the rust and paint flakes from the roof work were getting into the pool. The pool was at hot-tub temperatures, and almost unbearably hot the closer you got to the inlet pipe. They had a hot-tub area built into the pool, so it would have been far better to have the water inlet into this area and then let the water overflow into the pool to lower the pool temperature. The area around the pool was crowded with overgrown tropical plant life (likely dying in the dry Colorado atmosphere since they removed the roof panels). There were a few picnic tables but the lounge chairs were all moved far away from the pool. The whole pool area was not a relaxing atmosphere at all.

We then decided to do the mud bath. The first disappointment was the big sign over the mud pot that warns that the mud may stain clothing but nudity is absolutely forbidden. The mud was cold (just about the only place that was cool), but the wife and I had fun applying it to each other. Then we spent 45 "relaxing" minutes sitting on the mud covered, plastic lounge chairs under the fluorescent lights listening to the drying fan with an occasional hint at the flute music drifting in from the pool. After the mud dried, we took turns showering off and making sure we got all the mud out of those more private areas of our bodies (it did make our skin feel smooth and tingly, so was worthwhile, but a few minor changes could have made this a much more enjoyable experience.

We went back to our room for a proper shower and to await our time slot in the outdoor Jacuzzi. about 45 minutes before our time, I started hearing a rumbling in the distance. Yes, there was a major thunderstorm moving through the area with lots of lightning and thunder. The manager offered to either let us switch to an indoor pool, the caves, switch the time to the next day, give us a voucher for a future visit, or refund the cost of the Jacuzzi (this was the order they were presented). They refunded the money without a fuss, and were very sorry for the storms.

I did take another tour through the cave baths, and without all the people the changing area and shower area were at more normal temperatures, but the caves were still like a sauna, and had an industrial feel due to the lighting and exposed wiring and plumbing.

Back in the room, we had to turn on the vent fan in the bathroom to provide some semblance of fresh air in the room overnight.

It was very apparent that they are trying to make some much needed improvements, but I really don't think they know what they want to be going forward. This place might be worth a day-trip once the construction is complete, but it isn't worth an overnight stay.

Visited July 2013
4 Thank JuniorByrdmann
Littleton, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“TERRIBLE!!! DON'T STAY HERE!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I had reservations for June 29. Quite honestly I have never
been treated so bad and the accommodations were TERRIBle! My husband and I
ended up leaving and didn't even stay the night. The worst $130 ever spent and I
feel ripped off.

I felt un-welcomed from check in. So many do's and don'ts to initial and sign
just to begin with.

The pool was terrible. Tarp hanging over and maintenance person cleaning with
hose while guests in pool. Sprayed me several times.

When leaving I told front desk staff some of the reasons we were checking out
she didn't seem to care. Took the keys and that was it. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER
SERVICE! didn't even dare ask for my money back due to all the rules!!! What
about the about the accommodations???? Toilet constantly runs in room above and
in room where we planned on staying.

Will never be back and will tell
Anyone and everyone and will post where ever I can!

Visited June 2013