“Family reunion”

Argo Inn and Suites
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Family reunion”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

The host of the reunion rented the room / town home for us. Six adults stayed in the room. Four beds, three baths, full living room, big screen TV, leather furniture, full kitchen, dinning room, large balcony and a view of the mountains. It rained every afternoon. The room turned into reunion headquarters. There is a fire pit by the Clear Creek and two gas BBQ grills, one charcoal grill on the court yard. These all were enjoyed a great deal. There is a great fenced in playground right next to the creek (hence the fence), and a park with covered meeting area. All in walking distance for the little ones.The pool and hot tub were being resurfaced. The Argo provided us with passes to the Indian Hot Springs mineral pool. Highly recommend. Stayed Memorial day weekend 2014

Room Tip: Room 113 Large suite two level 3 bedrooms 4 beds 3 full baths
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Raton, New Mexico
Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Customer service from the front desk lady was bad! The beds are hard..you can hear everything outside your window. We almost walked out while checking in. The lady was condescending and obviously not having a good day. The hotel that was recommended was full. We specifically asked about WiFi. Her response was because of the city's location, WiFi is sporadic. Ok understand. She sent us on a wild goose chase trying to find out room. Was told it was on the second floor, across the courtyard. Go back to front desk, two guys were there. Low and behold, she was nice as pie for her mistake. We get to our room and the shelving fell off the wall in the bathroom with all the towels. Called the desk and in a forced sweetness stated she would send a maintenance guy after we get back from our dinner. We come back, I call, had to remind her of the problem and then told "I told you to call when you got back". So, Mr maintenance guy comes. He is very nice and states that the shelf was not anchored properly in the first place, but he would have to find some anchors. Ok...sit down to get on the internet. Password does not work. Call front desk, told "Well, I know nothing about it, I told you it was sporadic." My response was, the password not working, has nothing to do with strength. Again told she knows nothing. So I asked if there was someone who did and we specifically asked about it when we checked in, she said "you checked in hours ago and you are just now seeing this?" Hung up on her at that point because I refuse to hear miss attitude. Ask Mr maintenance guy about manager...he then tells us she was having a hard time of it. Her house had burnt down last week. Well, I felt sorry for her at that moment. He got my password set. Well, still couldn't get on, computer said the modem needed resetting, didn't even dare to call and ask her about that!

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank tammymkim5

Travelers are raving about these Idaho Springs hotels

Temecula, California
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We stayed at the Argo Inn 5/23/14, which was our second visit. A friend and me were riding a "Saddle Sore 1000" ride, which is 1000 miles in 24 hours, and decided to end the ride at this place since our prior experience was great. About 150 miles out we were caught in a nasty storm which was going to delay our arrival, so we called and spoke with Angie. She was scheduled to be off at 10:00PM, but volunteered to wait for us as long as necessary. We arrived there about 10:20PM and she was there to check us in. The Argo Inn is a bit dated, but a fantastic location and friendly staff, so we continue to recommend this place to the riding community.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms that have rear sliding doors leading out to the river are awesome. We stayed in...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank RickJBroker
Colorado Springs, CO
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Friendly, helpful desk staff. Room was clean, beds were comfortable, loved the balcony overlooking the river. Saw lots of rafters on the river while sitting on the balcony. There is a gas fire pit which was great for the evening. They have specific rooms that allow pets and there was no pet smell in the room at all. The location is right inside the east side of town. Small town, could get to all the restaurants, shopping and Starbucks easily. Will stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 25, 2014

The manager lady at the desk when we checked in went on a rant about how marijuana is ruining the state of Colorado and she hates everyone who does it. This is after we mentioned that there were a lot of despensaries for such a small town. After listening to her and biting my tongue for 35-40min, we went to the smelly nonsmoking room that wasn't even cleaned. Coffe in the pot still, empty beer bottles, trash, carpet was clearly no cleaned or vacuumed, both chairs on the balcony were broken. Idk why they'd even leave them out there for someone to get hurt on. The pillows were stained and had a bunch of long hair all over them. After my 15 hour drive straight to there, I walked in and immediately went to sleep. I woke up an hour or 2 later after I could open my eyes again and went to mention to her about all the problems with the room and she said sorry nothing we can do about it. Next time come within the first 15 minutes. I explained how long I drove and stuff and she didnt care. She was very rude about the entire situation and made it seem like it was my fault that the room was dirty and that I made the mess. Lol what?! I couldn't believe what I was hearing so I went back to my room. She sent someone up to replace the chairs and clean the room. He replaced 1 chair and said ill try to find another chair but I can't promise anything. So basically he cleaned up the bottles and took one chair and gave us 2 of the 12 pillows fresh and said he'd be back for more cleaning and another chair. He never showed back up. We waited for 3 hours and wasted our time. The next day before we left to see the beautiful state, I went back in the office and asked if they were going to do room service since it was a new day. Also I asked for a discount or new room since the poor service and she have me a bunch of grief then said well ill have to get ahold of the owners and go above there heads cause they're on vacation. I said ok, do what you have to do cause this isn't right. She said fine ill call the owners' parents then. (In a mean voice with a mean look on her face) again, we waited and finally she called up to the room and said I couldn't get ahold of anyone but what do you want us to do to the room? I said well if someone could replace the broken chair, vacuum and replace the coffee maker that'd be great. She said we did all of that and said that she sat there and watched them do it herself. I said I'm sorry ma'am but no one came up here and vacuumed. He replaced 2 pillows and 1 chair. She started screaming at me over the phone saying that she physically watched him do it and that I don't know what I'm talking about. I said, ok well if you did then it must have been another room, I'm not sure. But no one vacuumed in here. She hung up on me so we waited and the nice men who work there came up and cleaned the entire room. I thanked them and apologized for any grief that she may have given them. It was a disaster. She calls back and says I can give you $20 off 2 nights so $40 off of your $240 bill, but that's all I'm doing for you, sorry. And I said ok ill take it, sorry for the troubles. She then went on another rant about how my kind of people are ruining her state and her freedoms and people are getting hit by cars and people aren't stopping for them and blaming me for this. Haha wow I will never stay anywhere near that town again. She ruined my first two days of vacation in that wonderful state. Idaho springs sucks if she's working. She drives a small I think red Honda SUV with a huge white mitt Romney sticker in the back of it. I have to add though that tommy at the front desk was delightful and should be running the hotel, not that devil woman who pushes her beliefs onto guests as they check in. Her being the first person I met in the state of Colorado was a terrible welcome.

• Stayed April 2014
4 Thank Brucekey
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Reviewed April 7, 2014

My husband and I rented a suite at the Argo a few weeks ago and to our surprise it was very pleasant and relaxing. We had the room with a hot tub, fireplace and a sliding glass door that led to the creek. One problem I had was that the room temperature wasn't comfortable, it was either too hot or too cold which kept me from sleeping the entire night. The A/C-Heater they have in that paticular room was weird to say the least. The heater worked very well maybe too well, and combined with the fireplace it was quite toasty. Not to mention they could use an upgrade as far as the mini TV and the old school phones go. The pool was out of service when we went but they quickly made up for that with a VIP pass to the Hot Springs. The next problem was the check in and check out times, we couldn't check in before 3 and had to be out by 11. It seems that can use some adjusting. Overall we had a very pleasant experience and will defiantly go again.

Room Tip: Go with the Suite....with the hot tub, fire place and walk out balcony.....very nice and well worth...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Englewood, Colorado
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Clean, great location, the rooms by the creek have a nice balcony and you can hear the creek waters rushing by which is very relaxing. You can walk into the downtown area very easily, I'd say a 10 minute or less walk. Safeway is very near as is Starbuck's, again everything is within walking distance.

Room Tip: Chose a room by the creek off the main road
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
#3 of 5 in Idaho Springs
Miners Pick Bed and Breakfast
Miners Pick Bed and Breakfast
#2 of 5 in Idaho Springs

Been to Argo Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!