“Very enjoyable stay!!”

Miners Pick Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed October 11, 2009

My wife and I stayed at The Miners Pick on 10/10/2009 for our anniversary! Upon arrival Vicki greeted us and led us up the Quarry room. The Quarry room was very relaxing and nicely furnished. We relaxed for a bit, my wife took a nap, and then I went to the nearby Tommyknockers Brewery to pick up some of their award winning beers before returning there for dinner later in the evening. As we were the only guest staying there, we had the upstairs common room to ourselves and hunkered down and watched a movie before heading to bed. We woke up the next morning and Vicki had coffee ready for us and that was followed shortly by a wonderful breakfast and a chat with Vicki. Our stay was relaxing, enjoyable and too short! We will return in the future and both my wife and I highly recommend The Miners Pick!! Thanks for a great stay Vicki!!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank streckmando
There are newer reviews for Miners Pick Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed August 13, 2009

When we traveled out West this summer, we were looking for a small town outside of Denver to start our trip. We spent two nights in Idaho Springs, CO. We found the Old Miner's Pick online and were very happy we did. We found the B and B on Tripadvisor so thank you to the people who came before us. Our host Vicki was very lovely. We enjoyed our chats and her helpfulness. Thank you for the cookies! The meals were very tasty and nicely presented. Vicki helped us find things to do in the area and places to eat. The other people staying at the same time were lovely as well and we had dinner with one couple. I am pleased with people's honesty on this website because it helped us begin our trip on a great note. The rest of our trip was outstanding. We loved Colorado!

Maxine and Louis Rosenberg
Binghamton, NY

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank max0057
Reviewed May 8, 2009

Checkin was fast. Our room was very nice and clean. I liked the town alot. Many things to do and places to eat and drink. Overall I would recommend a stay here if you are in the area.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tcary
Reviewed October 5, 2008

Just returned from staying several days at the Miners" Pick, a delightful B& B with a very welcoming innkeeper. Vicki couldn't have been more helpful, even inviting my intown niece to join us for breakfast! Her B&B is a beautifully renovated house, immaculate, decorated with a charming Western decor, and breakfasts were superb and different each morning. I wasn't surprised when I later found it listed as one of Colorado's best B&Bs. Will definitely return - and unhesitatingly recommend it to others.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Tracey M
Reviewed June 22, 2008

Well appointed large room with a Western motiff and a jacuzzi tub. The accomodations were excellent but the host was amazing, she set her alarm for 4:30 am to make sure that I would wake in time to prepare for the Mt. Evans Ascent. Additionally, she made sure that everything was just "perfect" and had my morning tea and smoothie set up ready to go! Also, she allowed me to come back after the race and shower up, even she had to wait until 2:00. You couldn't ask for a more thoughtful host. Thank you Vickie ... George

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed May 12, 2007

In April, I took my mom to Idaho Springs for a birthday get-a-way. The Miners Pick was a cute little B&B located in the downtown area. The room was adorable, and the breakfast was delectable! It was a nice walk away from the main street in Idaho Springs, which was nice for dinner!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank MNEvs
A TripAdvisor Member
Fairview TX
Reviewed April 9, 2006

The Miner's Pick Bed and Breakfast is a charming place to stay. I loved the location which is in walking distance to quaint shops like The Wild Grape and Gysum Rose and restaurants such as Mangia's for great italian food, and Tommyknockers for appetizers and microbrewed beer. Each room of the inn is decorated with its own personality, making it very cozy. The inn is very clean and the beds are comfortable, two things that are very important to me when I'm paying for my stay. Last but not least would be Vicki's breakfasts. They are reason enough to stay. My favorite is the eggs benedict. She has done a great job and I would recommend her bed and breakfast to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2005
#3 of 5 in Idaho Springs
Argo Inn and Suites
Argo Inn and Suites
#4 of 5 in Idaho Springs

Been to Miners Pick Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!