Tripadvisor
Search

“So so so good”
Review of MTN Prime

MTN Prime
Description: Modern steakhouse located off of 16th Avenue and Miner Street, offering classic American fare & cocktails in a comfy tavern setting with big windows. Everything we serve is made from scratch, from our own recipes and we have vegetarian and gluten free options available.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We went here after my husband text me post-skiing simply stating “steak”. The caveman wanted a steak and I knew I better find an excellent one. Ribeye is his flavor and he is picky about thickness. MTN Prime had the answer: cowboy, bone-in ribeye. I think it was 3 gazillion ounces or something, but it was perfect. I was surprise how lean it was, perfectly cooked (medium rare) and near 3 inches thick.
The sides, appetizers and salads were also fantastic. We had the cheese fondue, Caesar salad, wedge then carrot cake for dessert.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (145)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Excellent food in Idaho Springs. Service and atmosphere were excellent on Christmas Eve. Great spot in the mountains.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 14, 2019 via mobile

We came to Idaho springs for my birthday weekend. We saw the reviews and decided to give it a try. We got front door parking, a window seat and the nicest server, I can’t remember his name ... too much wine. Lol I ordered the Sirloin with crab cakes and asparagus. My husband had the prime rib. Every morsel was amazing! The sauce on my plate was to die for. I should have asked for a side of it! Then for dessert I has the Tiramisu mousse. All around it was a great date night. If you want a wonderful eating experience, stop by for a meal.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed November 17, 2019

Delightful, delicious brunch followed by carrot cake for a birthday. Excellent service, very welcoming, and accommodating. Loved the green chile skillet and my friend enjoyed her chorizo benedict.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed November 11, 2019 via mobile

Excellent steakhouse with super reasonable pricing! Summer was great and super helpful finding what we would like. There was a mishap with our order, but they really made it right for us and we had a really personable experience, not just another customer. We will definitely be returning any time we go though!

Date of visit: November 2019

Been to MTN Prime? Share your experiences!