Hotchkiss Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Cedaredge Lodge(Cedaredge)
View Hotel
All reviewscomfortable roomcontinental breakfastdanish pastriesbasketball hoopinstant oatmealfree wifinext morningfire pitcoffee potgreat place to staykrismotelmicrowavebedssleepsinkmountains
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Newest motel in town, very clean and feels homey with soft carpet and plenty of room. The owners/operators are the best and treated me like a guest, not only a client. The motel faces a distant mountain and is right off of the main road in town and only a block or two from a great modern style grocery. Also a café directly across the road. A great nights sleep was easy to get with all the soft pillows and comfy bed, and not too close to any loud sounds like trains passing in the backyard or anything like that! The breakfast included large tree ripe peaches from a local organic orchard...just nothing to complain about this place.... was great!

Room Tip: If you want a room with a good view of the mountain ask for one that's not behind the staircase
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Our "jeep group" spent a night at this delightful inn, and we found such a welcomed experience. The rooms were very clean and had all the amenities that you could ask for. They had a wine and cheese reception soon after we arrived and then the next morning provided a wonderful breakfast with homemade pastries, fruit, yogurt, etc. We would definitely go back to this place. Thank you, Kris and Andy for all your "special touches!"

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jim B
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Very nice, ready to help owners: Kris and Andy, thx for strawberries for breakfast :). They really take care about this place. Clean, full of beautifull flowers and plants around created nice atmosphere. Good situated motel close to the road with beautiful view on mountains, it's easy to see Needle rock and Castle rock through the windo just from the bed. I recomend this motel like clean, comfortable place to spend even few days. We were there with children who found there place to basketball and voleyball. At the evening we had a fun with children to sit around the fire pit.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Agnieszka914
Reviewed September 20, 2013

As soon as I entered the lobby I was greeted with a big warm smile, wine, cheese and crackers. Who wouldn't want complementary wine, cheese, and crackers? The owners were extremely welcoming and made me feel right at home. Not only were the rooms squeaky clean but the beds were nice and comfortable, I slept like a baby. And nothing was better than having fresh fruits, oatmeal, pastries, cereals, yogurt, etc. for breakfast as we carried on our trip through Colorado! They also had a basketball hoop, volleyball net, and bbq pit!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Sadly I needed a motel to stay in while in Hotchkiss to attend my Grandmother's funeral and this was really one of the only choices to say. I called to reserve two rooms and was never informed of the cancellation policy at all which would have been nice to since the other person in my group was delayed and would not be needing a room. When I went to check in and let the lady know she still said she was going to charge me for 2 rooms for 2 days even though we only needed one room now. So even though I was not informed of the cancellation policy I really feel that I was taken advantage of in this already sad situation.

The room are very old an outdated but clean. I was scared to use any of the electrical plug ins for fear the place would burn down and the bathroom was so small you couldn't bend over without hitting your head on the wall. I have seen bigger bathrooms in 5th wheel trailers! The room had 2 queen beds which were ok to sleep in but nothing to write home about.

We did not eat any of the food they offered so I cant comment on that.

The room did include a small refrigerator, a flat panel TV and internet. The room was very overpriced for what you got and I know I will never stay at this location again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family