The Canyon Motel
Ute Trail Motel(Hot Sulphur Springs)
$80
Hotel Eastin(Kremmling)(Great Value!)
$41
Travelocity
Great 4.5/5
North Shore Lodge(Grand Lake)
Very Good 4/5
No availability for your dates from our partners
Good 3.5/5
No availability for your dates from our partners
Great 4.5/5
All reviewssmall towncoffee makerglory holepaid nighthot sulphuroutdoor grilllocal eaterieslay your headrooms were very cleanromance packageplace to stayopen windowsmini fridgewonderful personnice staysmall kitchenflat screen tv
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I had to go to Grand County for business and was a little concerned about what kind of accommodations I might find up there, particularly during hunting season. No need to worry. The motel was clean, comfortable and quiet. I booked the renovated king with the jetted tub so I can't speak about the rooms that are not renovated yet, but this one was quite nice. The only two issues I had were that the water in the bathroom didn't get hot enough to make using the jetted tub worthwhile and the remove for the tv only partially worked - I couldn't use it to change the volume, mute the tv, and turning it off was an adventure (it would turn itself back on). But this wouldn't be enough to keep me from getting back. Angus was outstanding--friendly and extremely helpful. Everything from bringing me a plastic spoon to letting me use his printer. The motel is right off the main road and directly across from the courthouse which was perfect for me. Will definitely return.

Room Tip: I don't know the status of all of the rooms so I don't know if they would be just as acceptable.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We were looking for a good value motel for our stay on the west side of Rocky Mountain National Park, and this motel was perfect. The gentleman working the front desk was very friendly and helpful. The room was very spacious and was very clean. Bathroom only had a shower stall (no tub) but that did not concern us. Great value for the cost!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I really liked this place. The rooms had nice natural wood walls. The beds were comfortable with soft sheets. It was very clean also. They had some niceties such as organic coffee and vegetable soaps in the room. They also emphasized recycling which is important to me. The manager was very helpful.They gave you discounts for local restaurants, which were really quite good and to the Sulphur Springs baths. Very nice vibe for a tiny little town up in the mountains. Highly recommended. Denis.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 22, 2012

had a romance package of 45.00 added on per their website. muffins candles box of chocolates. we received a 4 piece box of chocolates, 2votive candles, no muffins or fruit. the manager said no perishables per the health department. why wasnt i told that when i booked the room 2 days before and why was it advertised? rip off. false advertising. received a 15.00 credit. dont stay here

• Stayed: July 2012
CanyonMotel, Manager at The Canyon Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

We do apologize that there are still some old advertisements cached on the internet and we are working on getting all old marketing material updated as quickly as possible. With the changes in health codes recently we are not allowed to provide anything with a perishable date so we lost our muffins and our orange juice. We do apologize for the limitations and shall work harder to find non-perishable replacements for our romance package. I did feel badly for this guest as her expectations were higher than our service in this case and that is not acceptable. A refund for the romance package was provided at check out. It is important to note that we do offer a nice discount at the nearby Glory Hole restaurant for their fantastic breakfast/lunch for our guests and highly encourage taking a short walk to their great restaurant! Thank you for this review; we take all feedback on our motel very seriously and are grateful for the opportunity to upgrade our romance package.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

The best part of our trip was the motel. There is no air conditioning and I couldn't find the fan. usually not a big deal in the mountains, but with four people in a room it would have been nice. I noticed that the rooms have been recently remodeled and we stayed in room 2 and it was a nice room. The guy at the counter (sorry i cant remember his name) was nice and check in and check out was easy and painless. The mini fridge and freezer kept my food cold and froze my water bottles. I don't drink coffee but I drink tea and there was complimentary coffee or tea in the room. Not an expected thing in a tiny motel. Nice.

Room Tip: I only stayed in one room. #2 and it fit my needs just fine.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family