“Clean and fairly priced”
Review of The Canyon Motel

The Canyon Motel
GreenLeadersSilver level
Boquete, Panama
“Clean and fairly priced”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The only reason you might ever want to stay in Hot Sulfur Springs, CO is because you have been turned into a limp noodle by soaking in the hot springs in town. With that in mind, staying at the Canyon Motel is perfect as it is close to the springs, allows dogs, and is reasonably priced. The town is right on the railway line and the trains coming through at night still wake you up at the Canyon but don't actually shake you out of bed like at the Hot Springs Hotel. Management is very friendly, the rooms clean and comfortable so go soak and enjoy a nice play to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Denver
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I had to go to Grand County for business and was a little concerned about what kind of accommodations I might find up there, particularly during hunting season. No need to worry. The motel was clean, comfortable and quiet. I booked the renovated king with the jetted tub so I can't speak about the rooms that are not renovated yet, but this one was quite nice. The only two issues I had were that the water in the bathroom didn't get hot enough to make using the jetted tub worthwhile and the remove for the tv only partially worked - I couldn't use it to change the volume, mute the tv, and turning it off was an adventure (it would turn itself back on). But this wouldn't be enough to keep me from getting back. Angus was outstanding--friendly and extremely helpful. Everything from bringing me a plastic spoon to letting me use his printer. The motel is right off the main road and directly across from the courthouse which was perfect for me. Will definitely return.

Room Tip: I don't know the status of all of the rooms so I don't know if they would be just as accepta...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We were looking for a good value motel for our stay on the west side of Rocky Mountain National Park, and this motel was perfect. The gentleman working the front desk was very friendly and helpful. The room was very spacious and was very clean. Bathroom only had a shower stall (no tub) but that did not concern us. Great value for the cost!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Newark, Delaware
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I really liked this place. The rooms had nice natural wood walls. The beds were comfortable with soft sheets. It was very clean also. They had some niceties such as organic coffee and vegetable soaps in the room. They also emphasized recycling which is important to me. The manager was very helpful.They gave you discounts for local restaurants, which were really quite good and to the Sulphur Springs baths. Very nice vibe for a tiny little town up in the mountains. Highly recommended. Denis.

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 22, 2012

had a romance package of 45.00 added on per their website. muffins candles box of chocolates. we received a 4 piece box of chocolates, 2votive candles, no muffins or fruit. the manager said no perishables per the health department. why wasnt i told that when i booked the room 2 days before and why was it advertised? rip off. false advertising. received a 15.00 credit. dont stay here

• Stayed July 2012
CanyonMotel, Manager at The Canyon Motel, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
We do apologize that there are still some old advertisements cached on the internet and we are working on getting all old marketing material updated as quickly as possible. With the changes in health codes recently we are not allowed to provide anything with a perishable date so we lost our muffins and our orange juice. We do apologize for the limitations and shall work harder to find non-perishable replacements for our romance package. I did feel badly for this guest as her expectations were higher than our service in this case and that is not acceptable. A refund for the romance package was provided at check out. It is important to note that we do offer a nice discount at the nearby Glory Hole restaurant for their fantastic breakfast/lunch for our guests and highly encourage taking a short walk to their great restaurant! Thank you for this review; we take all feedback on our motel very seriously and are grateful for the opportunity to upgrade our romance package.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed July 5, 2012

The best part of our trip was the motel. There is no air conditioning and I couldn't find the fan. usually not a big deal in the mountains, but with four people in a room it would have been nice. I noticed that the rooms have been recently remodeled and we stayed in room 2 and it was a nice room. The guy at the counter (sorry i cant remember his name) was nice and check in and check out was easy and painless. The mini fridge and freezer kept my food cold and froze my water bottles. I don't drink coffee but I drink tea and there was complimentary coffee or tea in the room. Not an expected thing in a tiny motel. Nice.

Room Tip: I only stayed in one room. #2 and it fit my needs just fine.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Found this place on my trip advisor and i wasn't disappointed. Angus the manager was very helpful and friendly. Rooma are decked out in a natural wood Finnish. Beds are very comfy and one room had enough beds for all 5 of my family. Two beds and a futon what a great stay. Do be reminded that this is a small mountain town and the carpet rolls up at 8p.m. sharp. The motel desk is open after that but be sure if you are hungry to eat before then. He did recomend the glory hole for breakfast in the morning. Cant wait to try that. As for parking all parking is right out in front of the rooms but is parallel parking but no big deal for the rooms and the scenery

• Stayed June 2012
#1 of 7 in Grand Lake
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fraser - Winter Park Area
Americas Best Value Inn Bighorn Lodge
The Vintage Resort Hotel & Conference Center

Been to The Canyon Motel? Share your experiences!