“So relaxing”

Hot Sulphur Springs Resort & Spa
Reviewed June 7, 2014

I went this last week with a few friends. We each hot rooms in the hotel for $107. But that included two days in the hot springs which is normally $18 a day. So a really great deal. The rooms were comfortable. And very clean. But relaxing in the many hot springs. oMG. Like couldn't get much better. They have nice restrooms with showers and changing rooms as well. It is 90 minutes from Denver. I'll go back again.

1  Thank UsaLoveAsia

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Based on some of the other reviews for Hot Sulphur Springs, my husband and I had a little bit of trepidation when considering visiting. We found NONE of the "dirt" or "run down" areas that others have described! It was very well maintained, and while the locker room is, YES, rustic and no frills, it was clean! The pools themselves were lovely and we spent several hours enjoying the various choices. The staff was quite nice to us and even alerted us to the discount after a certain time in the evening. We both are so happy we went and are looking forward to returning in the very near future!

4  Thank Theresa W
Reviewed May 30, 2014

My husband and I had a delightful day at Hot Sulphur Springs Resort and Spa. We had previous been to Fairmont Hot Springs which was very crowded. This resort has 21 delightful pools with adequate chairs. The water is typlcal for a hot springs so people who do understand this type of resort will write negative comments. I do not think children should be allowed in water that is over their body temperature as they have more body surface area and can easily develop heat stroke. Do not take children to this resort. As a pediatric person, I always wonder why children are allowed full body exposure to this heat when parents should know that this kind of excess heat can lead to over heating. This is a low key spa. I agree there are some missing tiles but I did not spend one moment thinking about this but rather enjoyed the experience of relaxation. Great for families with teens, singles and couples.

4  Thank Rita J
Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

The place needs to be renovated, tiles are coming off the walls of the pools. They charged $18 adults and $12 kids, way overpriced. The kids only have 4 small areas they can go in. There was slimy minerals(sulphur&sodium) floating in the water. My kids thought it was gross. One good point was your skin is very soft afterwards. I wouldn't suggest bringing kids here.

1  Thank Jennybopp
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Set well away from anywhere major, the hot springs are a fantastic experience. Located next to the railway and i40 with more than 100 years of history it is a great place to spend some time. We went on a weekday, so probably quieter than a weekend. There was plenty of space amongst the 20+ pools of varying sizes from single person capacity to maybe 20, to relax in the warm sunshine between the water and looking at the snow covered mountains close by. Well worth planning your trip to take in this attraction.

3  Thank pedro00