“Rugged awesome experience without resort feeling”

Hot Sulphur Springs Resort & Spa
Reviewed November 7, 2013

When we first arrived I was a little disappointed because it doesn't have a resort feel. It's old and rugged planted in the side of a small mountain. However as we used the facilities i really fell in love with the environment. The spas are 100% natural-no chemicals. We stayed in the apartment which I would highly recommend if you go. The apt is in the middle of all of the pools so it's great access. The motel rooms are outside the gated area in the parking lot zo not as nice. Also the best part of the apartment is when they close down the resort to everyone at 10pm if you stay in the apartment you are the on,y people allowed to use the pools 24/7 throughout the night! They turn off all the lights and give you a flashlight. Really amazing to sit in a hot springs under the
stars! The staff was really nice. There are also trains that come by the resort which can be a little disturbing but it didn't bother us really. If you are looking for a low key relaxing experience 15 minutes outside Tabernash, I would highly recommend it. Just know it does not have a ritzy resort feel.

3  Thank mtn31
in 5 reviews
"private bath"
"queen bed"

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Just like they promote, the soak I had in the pools was very relaxing. There were a number of other people there but plenty of room and I used most of the pools. Only one was too hot for me to get in, but someone was all the way in and didn't look scalded so I guess it proves there is something for everyone! Flip-flops or sandals would have been a good idea since they had already used some rock salt (nights the walkway freezes). The place is dated as some others have noted, but that just added to the charm of the place. Bring a cold water bottle or other drink to stay hydrated. They rent towels for $2 but save your money and bring your own. A terry robe for between pools would be nice if it were very cold or breezy but I was fine without. I was there about an hour and felt it was well worth my $18.50. The gal working there was pleasant and the other visitors were quiet, as they advise, some reading a book, others eyes closed just relaxing.

1  Thank fiddlingal
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I had an opportunity to visit Hot Sulphur Springs in the middle of October of 2013. The pools are open year round, which is great! There are over 18 pools with the water from 98 to 112 degrees Fahrenheit. Most of them are small- for 4 people maximum. The majority of pools are situated outdoors, at the hillside, so you can admire the view of the mountains. There are a few indoor pools. I recommend the largest one with the coolest water for the end of your soak session- it is super relaxing. There are lockers, showers, an indoor area with chairs and tables and several small areas with the lounge chairs outside. Overall, it was a pleasant experience.

1  Thank Mariola P
Reviewed October 22, 2013

As a Grand County local, Hot Sulphur Springs' pools are the relaxing treat that I need at least a few times per year. Running our lodging can be extremely hectic. My body welcomes the relief that comes from a few hours of soaking and gently stretching tight and tired muscles. My mind can wander as I float nearly weightless, listening only to the sound of my own pulse and breathing and bobbing gently with each breath. Aaah!

When my college age daughter is in town, we often go to HSS for some quality mom-daughter time. With 24 pools to choose from we can always find one where we can visit while relaxing. The backyard pool is my new favorite.

The staff has improved considerably in the last couple of years; They are much friendlier and attentive than I recall from a few years back.

Wear water shoes or take flip-flops, especially in the winter- Hot feet hitting frosty deck covered in rock salt can be very painful.
Wear bug spray if going on summer evenings when the mosquitos are out.
Go from 8-10PM for a discounted rate. Take bottled water.

2  Thank Doug and Edie D