“Decent place, tho pricey for a short visit.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hot Sulphur Springs
Hot Sulphur Springs Resort & Spa
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Ok, the changing rooms are not spotlessly clean (at least the men's), but overall it was fine. Other than the price, which does not include a towel, I didn't have a problem with it. I only stayed a short time, because between the warm water and the sun it was a bit much for me, but it was very relaxing nonetheless. I would go back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We had an amazing experience at Hot Sulphur Springs. With more than a dozen pools nestled against the mountain, our stay was very relaxing & enjoyable. We rented the apartment and had access to pools overnight... Only challenge was the train that passed 7 times during the middle of the night. We were unable to sleep, which made the next day rough.

Overall, a nice experience!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We didn't actually stay here, as my husband and I were volunteering at Snow Mountain Ranch in Granby, CO, but we decided to go take a drive and check it out during our free time. We were in so much pain that we knew we needed this and opted for an hour together in a private bath ($15 ea). First, the constructive feedback--there should be filters where the water goes into the private baths, and we felt like at least once a month, they could stop the water from coming in and give the place a good pressure washing. It grossed me out a little that things started to float up when we walked into the waters, and I saw things come in with the water from the pipe that brought the water in. A lot of this looked like duck feathers and bugs, and it should really be filtered out. We only spent two 10 minute stents in the water due to this. I felt like the shower area could also be pressure washed and then probably maintained clean daily, at least. The good--the water helped tremendously with our pain, the temperature (106-108 degrees F) was perfect for us, the price was okay, and I like the natural feel of the bath area and the vintage feel of the tiles in the shower (this place has been here for a while), and we liked the area to cool off between dips, though we didn't sit on the cushion provided or directly on the bench. I am not sure if we would go back, but the service was friendly, and we can deal with the sulfur smell. If they cleaned better and filtered the water from feathers, bugs, and large debris, we would return.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Nicki S
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Two hours from Denver you'll find hot sulfur Springs Colorado. A place to truly relax and enjoy your weekend we stayed the night in one of their rooms at the lodge it was small but simple had access to the pool the day of check in the full day after check out. There are 19 different natural Hot Springs to sit in all different temps and sizes. Kids are only allowed on the lower level leaving the upper springs for adults. I would recommend this place to anyone who wants a NATURAL UNFILTERED hot springs!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Froghockey
Reviewed August 17, 2013

This was my wife's and my second trip to Hot Sulphur Springs, having accidentally come upon it two summers ago. Simply, it remains our favorite hot springs. The resort offers a variety of pools and temperatures, open-air and covered, and while we've not used them, private baths and massages. From the outdoor pools, one can enjoy views of the mountains and a chance to observe wildlife in a nearby pond. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and rustic and have small TVs if you're interested (we weren't). Wi-Fi is available in the main building where coffee and tea are served in the morning. True, a railroad track runs past the property, but trains are infrequent and earplugs are provided; this didn't bother us. For us, the price of the room, about $100, which included TWO days soaking for two people, is well worth what we get.
After two visits, I'm still surprised by the vehemently negative reviews of Hot Sulphur Springs here, and I'd like to address some of them. The biggest problem might be expectations. Hot Sulphur Springs is not fancy--it's comfortable and quiet. Staff members don't gush and fawn, but they're helpful and there when you need them. A few boards in the walkways have small cracks from weathering, but they post no hazard and you can walk safely over the boards without looking down. The locker room isn't well lit and the fixtures are ordinary, but they work. The white stuff floating in the water is sulphur. The water is unfiltered and untreated. If you'd like treated water, then you should look elsewhere, although they do have a chlorinated swimming pool if you'd like. (By the way, the sulphur is a good exfoliant; we gather some up and rub on our skin) In short, if you're looking for luxury, then this probably isn't the place for you. If you're looking for a good soak in natural water in a quiet setting (the landscaping with native plants is really interesting, and there's moonflower (datura) next to a pool that blooms every morning), then Hot Sulphur Springs is an excellent choice. We plan on returning there on our trips to Colorado.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Batavicus
Reviewed August 8, 2013

After riding my Harley for over a month all over the states, I came across this resort and ended up spending the night. It was simply amazing. I soaked for 4 hours and decided to get a room (nice, clean and perfect). For $98 you also get two full days of soaking ! What a treat. It was hard to leave! I have been to many hot springs but this one is at the top of my list now.

Room Tip: I had room 101 so I could see my bike from the window.