“Perfect escape - we're still talking about it!”
other travelers have booked this property
Wonderfully equipped efficiency kitchen for all your cooking needs!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Wonderfully equipped efficiency kitchen for all your cooking needs!
Cottage 3B: Knack for Nature Bathroom - Clean, Functional, Comfortable
Linens & Towels Provided
Hillside Entrance
Hillside Property-Historic Rock Wall
Colorado's Oldest Black Willow Grove - perfect for bird watching & shaded picnics!
Sangre De Cristo Sunset
Bull, Cow, Calf Elk-Hillside, Colorado
Hillside, Colorado-Historic Post Office
Hillside Post Office
Hillside Post Office
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
M M
Denver, Colorado
“Perfect escape - we're still talking about it!”
Reviewed November 4, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

I stayed at the Solitude & Sunshine cottage for 2 nights and had a wonderful time! Our stay was quiet, peaceful, and relaxing. We took day trips into Canon City, Florence, and Westcliffe. Spent our time looking at the beautiful mountain views during the day and the incredible stars at night. Will absolutely visit again!

Your age range 25-34
Jul 6, 2018
Thank you for visiting - we are so glad our cottages provided you a lovely getaway! Please visit us again soon.
Keslie S
“Great Weekend Getaway”
Reviewed October 10, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

My husband and I stayed here for our 13th Anniversary. The cottage was clean, updated and comfortably furnished. The view of the stars at night was beautiful! We visited The Royal Gorge and Bishop's Castle during our stay. We enjoyed our meals in nearby Westcliffe. Tara, one of the owners, answered all my questions and requests. We hope to come back!

Jul 6, 2018
Thank you for visiting Hillside, we were glad our cottages could be a part of your special anniversary, and hope to help you celebrate many more in the future!
sld352017
Frisco, Texas
“Beautiful Views”
Reviewed August 18, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

We stayed at Knack for Nature. The cottage was comfortable, clean, with great views- it was perfect! We would sit outside in the morning & evenings to take in the views before we began our day of exploring the area.

Sep 5, 2017
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay in Hillside, we hope to have you back soon!
Extraordi...
“Giddy!”
Reviewed August 16, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Giddy. That’s one of the prevailing words I felt during my two days as a citizen of Hillside, Colorado. Regardless of which cabin you select, they are all situated in a really beautiful valley with stunning views in all directions. I’m Gary, 63 years old, and I was there with youthful Sharon. We liked the location because of its proximity to many hiking trails and the fun restaurants of nearby Westcliffe. The cabin was cozy and well appointed (even standard cooking tools and many spices!), and we especially liked the ability to control the interior temperature with options for ceiling fans, air conditioning and heat. We needed only the ceiling fans during our stay. For a brief time, Sharon and I were the only people in all of Hillside. The feeling reminded me of the thrill I had as a kid when my parents left me home alone for the weekend! Such splendid isolation in such a gorgeous place. We will return.

Your age range 50-64
Aug 18, 2017
Thanks for sharing your experience, Gary! We look forward to having you as a repeat guest of Hillside! - Chris & Tara
Susan J
“One of our favorite stops!”
Reviewed July 28, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

We stayed in the Splendid Vista for a quick overnight stay while touring through western Colorado. This was one of our favorite places we stayed! It was so cozy and well stocked but still gave us a feel of "camping" The space is well utilized to make it feel larger than it is and the little well thought out details did not go unnoticed (the upper bunk having an outlet, lights and shelf were perfect!) As others mentioned, the grounds are beautiful and the stars at night are unbelievable. We were a little worried we wouldn't feel as isolated with other cottages being rented at the same time and it wasn't an issue at all!
We were hoping to get out and do some hiking but without service or the owners around, we couldn't figure out where to go. We had requested during our online booking for information, but not a huge deal as it was last minute and my daughter was content walking around the Hillside area and playing with the contractor's dogs. Not complaining, just informing others you may want to plan any outings prior to arrival :)
My one and only complaint was dealing with bugs at night. Thankfully not mosquitoes or any other biting bugs..but there must have been a crack somewhere (my husband thinks around the air conditioner) and they were drawn to all of the lights. Once we turned all of the lights off it was no longer an issue, and I'm sure an easy fix with sealing things off.
Even with these minor issues, I'm still giving it 5 stars...it's just that amazing :)

Jul 29, 2017
Hi Susan, thanks for your review- we are glad you enjoyed your stay at Hillside! Sorry you weren't able to find the nearby hiking- we do have lots of information listed on our website for trip planning:
Our website also has a direct link to various itinerary ideas here:
I hope you were also able to find details via the guest manual provided in the cottage. We hope to have you back again!
Jeff F
“Beautiful, Safe, Serine, Almost off the grid,”
Reviewed July 26, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

The scenery is spectacular! It is away from everything. Laid back relaxing. Close to hiking. Not even 10 minutes away. A great couples or family get away. This is not for some one who wants to be around tons of tourists and traffic. It is pretty much off of the grid. So if you are totally addicted to the phone and internet go to the tourist areas.
We absolutely loved this place and will go back over and over.

Your age range 50-64
Jul 28, 2017
Jeff, thanks so much for the wonderful review- we are so glad you enjoyed our property and we look forward to having you as repeat guests!
shyswish
Canon City, Colorado
“Incredible!”
Reviewed July 11, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

My fiance, now husband, and I had the privilege of staying in cottage 3A Solitude and Sunshine. It was incredible as are all of the cottages. It is very up-to-date and very clean. The owners are extremely welcoming and we enjoyed our conversations with them. This is a definite must to go back to. As a side note, Willow Vale was an incredible place to get married as well. It is a perfect, fairytale place!

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing