“Not a pleasant stay”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Highlands Ranch
Los Angeles, California
“Not a pleasant stay”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I visited the Highlands Ranch Hilton Garden Inn for business between 12/3 and 12/6. Wish I could say it was an enjoyable experience, but I'd be lying.

While check-in was painless and the room, upon entry, appeared well-kept, my stay went downhill from there. First sign of trouble was my inability to connect to the hotel wi-fi, despite double- and triple-checking the room number, and the spelling of my name (used for authentication). A visit to the front desk was necessary. A minor annoyance, but the first sign of trouble.

On day two, I returned from a long day at the office to find my room hadn't been serviced at all. Trash wasn't emptied, bed wasn't made, towels that needed changing remained in a pile on the floor. At least the tip i'd left was still on the bed. I made another visit to the front desk to inquire as to the servicing schedule. The clerk was amiable and offered to send someone up, but as I sick with a cold and was planning to spend the night in my room, I suggested they just wait until tomorrow.

On day three, I was pleased to return to a serviced room. I turned in around 10 PM. Not long after, I was woken when another guest walked into my room and set his bags down. That's right: they gave my room to another guest. And there I was, sick, tired, and half-undressed, having to ask the stranger who just walked in to please leave.

At this point, I was understandably irked.

Despite the (alarming) interruption, I was exhausted and just wanted to get back to sleep. I deadbolted my door and returned to bed, but just as I fell back to sleep the phone rang. It was the front desk, asking if i had checked out. "What? I was just down there, twice. I don't check out until Friday. Don't you remember me? We've already talked about my room twice in the last two days."

But no, no recollection of any of that. Just a "sorry for the inconvenience" and "we'll get it cleared up". That was the last I heard of it.

I do quite a lot of business at the office park across the street. While the location of the Hilton Garden Inn is convenient, I expect I'll be booking elsewhere in the future.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Christopher H
Erin W, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Denver / Highlands Ranch, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
We pride ourselves in providing each and every guest with a high quality experience and it seems we have fallen short during your recent stay. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you while staying with us. I will follow up with my team immediately to ensure we take all necessary steps to make sure this does not happen in the future. Please feel free to reach out to me to discuss further. 303-683-4100. Thank you again for sharing.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Korean first
Columbus, United States
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Rooms of this hotel are equipped with mini Keurig, coffee machine, a microwave and a mini fridge. There is free internet access and you can adjust the firmness of your bed, which is wonderful. The hotel was very quite and I didn't hear noises from the hallway. I was able to get enough rest while staying there.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Lin C
Erin W, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Denver / Highlands Ranch, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you for sharing! We are glad you had a good stay.
West Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed November 8, 2013

This hotel has everything you expect in a Hilton Garden Inn - spacious, homey lobby, clean, tasteful rooms, accessible wi-fi and helpful staff. But a few minor incidents marred the stay for me. The sink drained very slowly and thus gave the bathroom a bit of a musty smell. The duvet cover hung to the floor and my foot caught in the corner and I fell. I believe they will be doing some remodeling soon which might be good. Something about the room felt dated.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Erin W, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Denver / Highlands Ranch, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for sharing your exeperience. We pride ourselves in providing each and every guest with a high quality experience and it seems we have fallen short during your recent stay. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you while staying with us. Thank you again for sharing.
Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed November 6, 2013

My wife and I are hoping to find a good room price for our annual Christmas visit to Littleton, CO so that we can stay at this Hilton Garden Inn during our stay next month. It has a convenient location between both of our families..one in Littleton and one in Castle Rock, CO.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We are glad you have enjoyed your previous stays. We look forward to your return visit.
Bozeman MT, United States
Reviewed November 1, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn in Highlands Ranch, CO was better than I'd hoped! Super clean and comfy, the breakfast was affordable and provided variety (I appreciated the fresh fruit and greek yogurt), the gym and pool were a great plus, and the staff was really friendly and helpful. I did not have a car during my stay and they arranged to have the hotel shuttle bring me to a business center nearby free of charge.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Geraldine W
Thank you so much for your response. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay!
Denver, United States
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We all stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for my brother's wedding last weekend and I couldn't have been happier with the way we were treated. The rooms were great and the staff was super friendly and helpful in making the celebration as special as possible! Thank you guys so much!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Erin W, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Denver / Highlands Ranch, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to a return visit.
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at this great hotel. I travel alone to teach and need a calm restful and safe place to stay. This hotel is also affordable and friendly. I will stay here again!! It is very convenient to shopping and other places I need to go and makes it much easier to do what I need to do.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for sharing, I will pass along to our staff. We look forward to your next visit!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Highlands Ranch
Home2 Suites by Hilton Denver Highlands Ranch
Home2 Suites by Hilton Denver Hi...
#2 of 6 in Highlands Ranch
Courtyard by Marriott Denver Southwest / Littleton
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Highlands Ranch
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Littleton
Comfort Suites Highlands Ranch Denver Tech Center Area
Residence Inn Denver Highlands Ranch

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Denver / Highlands Ranch? Share your experiences!