“Weekend trip to Denver”

Hilton Garden Inn Denver / Highlands Ranch
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Highlands Ranch
Reviewed June 19, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
BillVerity, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver / Highlands Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I loved this hotel! The service was wonderful, jacuzzi was hot, pool was warm, air conditioning was amazing, and food was decent. The only suggestion I have is that they post the delivery charge for room service in the binders that are in the rooms. I would have came down and grabbed it myself if I knew there was a $3 delivery fee on top of the 18% service charge. Although, I was pleasantly surprised that they sent an ice water with the meal and the server was kind enough to carry into the room for me so I didn't have to lift it. I was also impressed by how many small shopping centers were in the area. I always thought Highlands Ranch was boring and remote, but it really wasn't too bad, except everything closed at 10pm (even the bar).

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
har73, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Denver / Highlands Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. It's always wonderful to hear our guest's experience at our hotel. I will pass on your suggestion to our food and beverage Department.

We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Hotel was okay. Not spectacular. No complimentary breakfast. Carpet in room was not clean. Supposedly had adjustable comfort bed, but it didn't work. Sheets did not fit bed. Duvet hot - just needed a light blanket. Otherwise a reasonably decent accommodations.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank hiyadoin
har73, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Denver / Highlands Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

I appreciate your feedback. I'm truly sorry that we fell short of expectations. I informed our Managers of your experience.

We value you as a customer so we hope that you'll give us a chance on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Several family members stayed for a few nights over Memorial Day weekend. First impression was OK - rooms were nice sized and beds were comfy, although my 2nd floor room had a lovely view of the hotel's HVAC system on the adjoining roof, and another of our rooms was missing coffee, I could overlook that since the pool area was very nice. Things went gradually downhill from there. Here are some things to consider before staying here.

1. The hotel has NO vending machines. If you need a bottle of water late at night, you need to trek down to the "pantry" at the front desk. The selection is poor and no prices are marked, so there is no way of telling how badly you are going to be gouged. If the desk is busy checking in a large party, you might be waiting awhile to check out. Very inconvenient.

2. Breakfast is not free, it is $12 for all you can eat. A la carte doesn't seem to be an option, and the price is the same for kids and adults alike. I don't know if it was good, because at that price, I didn't try it. Hardly anyone eats $12 worth of food in a hotel lobby... big rip off and a bit part of why I gave my stay such a low rating on "value."

3. On our final night, the room next door had a big party late into the night. What was especially annoying for me about this was that this was a room with an adjoining door to mine, and despite the fact that our party had reserved a block of rooms months ago, they were unable to give us the convenience or adjoining rooms (or even rooms on the same floor) and instead I had to put up with noise from the "adjoining" room. I did finally call the desk, and they were apologetic, but the noise continued for at least 20-30 minutes after that.

4. I still may have overlooked all of the above, except that after the stay one of our party found her credit card charged for THREE movies during their two night stay (during which time we spent very little time at the hotel), which were NOT ordered. She called the hotel to dispute, and they were not helpful at all. Looks like this is going to have to become a credit card dispute. Before this happened, I was going to rate the hotel "average" and might have even considered staying there despite the other inconveniences. Now, I'm convinced this place is going to find a way to rip you off one was or another. Never again.

2  Thank roxmcg

Thank you for your feedback. We value you as a guest. I'm very sorry that your experience was less than your expectation. I'd love the opportunity to hear back from you. Please call me at your convenience.

Best Regards,
Area Director Sales & Marketing
303-683-4100

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We like the Hilton Garden Inn because it is located near relatives. We appreciate the firm mattresses and comfortable rooms. However, the breakfast is no longer complimentary and it's awkward the way the wait staff has to assess what you've taken and add it to your bill.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
har73, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Denver / Highlands Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

We appreciate your feedback of our hotel on Trip Advisor. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and was near your relatives. As a brand, Hilton Garden Inn offers delicious made to order breakfast at a cost. Unfortunately, I don't see this changing anytime soon. Are you a Hilton Honor member? If not, I suggest you sign up on this free membership. Staying loyal to Hilton allows your to accrue points and gain elite status receives with complimentary breakfast. Hope this helps.

We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

This was our first stay in the Denver area and we were quite impressed with the hotel and staff. Everything was clean and well maintained. All the staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very good with a large selection of items. Only one small glitch--They DIDN'T have coffee available at 5:30 AM for early check-outs!

Room Tip: Check online for special deals
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for filling out a survey for our hotel. We're delighted to hear of your nice experience at our propertyl. I'll pass on your suggestion to our kitchen crew to have coffee out early.

We look forward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Professionally trained, friendly staff, we found this well managed hotel to be extremely clean and well organized. From registration desk to bartenders, the staff made this a very pleasant stay. Surprisingly, the kitchen staff is really on their game as well. Everything from the kitchen was perfectly and deliciously prepared. Even when slammed at breakfast the kitchen was able to get food out in timely manner. Did we mention the bartenders?

Location is very convenient. At the intersection of 470 and Lucent, we seemed to be less than 20 from anywhere. Mountain views are great from the "odd numbered" rooms. The hotel was fairly full and elevator waits were minimal. Parking is very adequate and the hotel shuttle will happily take you to any one of the many great restaurants or bars in the local vicinity.

In-room coffee maker, fridge, hair dryer and iron/ironing board of course, and the daily cleaning staff was very friendly and efficient. Only thing lacking was an in-room safe.

In sum, we are looking forward to staying at this location again in the near future. It is simply hard to beat.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms have a great mountain view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank marlinchaser3
har73, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Denver / Highlands Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey at Trip Advisor. We're delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay.

We hope to see you again.

Area Director of Sales and Marketing

Also consider these accommodations in or near Highlands Ranch
Home2 Suites by Hilton Denver Highlands Ranch
Home2 Suites by Hilton Denver Hi...
#2 of 6 in Highlands Ranch
Comfort Suites Highlands Ranch Denver Tech Center Area
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Highlands Ranch
Residence Inn Denver Highlands Ranch
Hyatt Place Denver-South/Park Meadows
Courtyard by Marriott Denver Southwest / Littleton

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Denver / Highlands Ranch? Share your experiences!