“Very comfortable, friendly staff”

Hilton Garden Inn Denver / Highlands Ranch
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Highlands Ranch
Escondido, California
“Very comfortable, friendly staff”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for five nights and found it to be very convenient and comfortable. Our package included breakfast which is a combination of buffet and fix to order all you can eat set-up. It is the best breakfast I have ever seen in a hotel buffet--lots of choices, fresh fruit, omelets, meats, pastries, oatmeal--pretty impressive. There are fresh cookies out in the lobby at night. They have 24-hour services: laundry, exercise room, snack pantry. All the staff have been very accomodating and attentive. The beds are comfortable (although my husband, who likes really firm mattresses is not completely happy with it). We were on the fourth floor facing the mountains so we had a nice view out our window. Didn't really hear much noise from other rooms. The pool is extremely small, but the exercise room has several types of machines. Freeways are close by, Target and restaurants are close too. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank psychoteacher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Korean first
Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed in a lot HGI hotels, and I'm afraid this one is not up to par. The staff was good and helpful, but the entire property needs a facelift. The hallways and rooms are really tired (no pun intended). It was a clean property, but . . .

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
har73, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Denver / Highlands Ranch, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback. I understand….In an effort to keep our hotel up to par, we’ve recently hired an additional maintenance person to help with maintaining our property to have a fresher look. Also, we’re on a schedule for renovation in the near future. It’s wonderful to hear that you find our staff good and helpful. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay.

Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We reserved several rooms for our wedding guests and thought that it worked out alright. They made it very easy and required no deposit to reserve rooms. They are also the only hotel that we found with a shuttle which helps a lot. One thing to note is that the shuttle only holds 9 people and they only have 1 of them. Somehow another couple booked the shuttle on top of our booking but they made up for it and somehow got another shuttle. Beware that the room rate that they give your guests is $10 more than the one you can get online. The difference being that your guests will be a refundable rate, but they could also save $10 by just booking online. This seemed like a ripoff to me.

The rooms were average, nothing too special. One surprising thing was that they do not have a free breakfast. It costs $11.95 for a breakfast that isn't great. I didn't realize this beforehand and my guests weren't too pleased about it either.

They did however give us a "honeymoon suite" (regular suite with strawberries and champagne) for 2 nights for free. I had to ask for this to be free however which seemed reasonable since we had about 20 rooms for multiple nights. I wish they would've offered that upfront instead of trying to charge us for the "honeymoon suite." We ended up staying at another hotel anyway and gave the suite away to some family after checking in.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else for breakfast. Lucille's is close, cheaper, and more delicious!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank EatEverything
, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Denver / Highlands Ranch, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
We appreciate your business. I’m truly sorry for the experience you have had. Unfortunately, our complimentary shuttle only holds 9 people. We require guests to book in advance especially with groups such as yours. We recommend that our guests sign in as they check in so we don’t overlap. In an effort to help our guests save a few dollars, we offer discounted rates online that are non-refundable advance purchase and packages that are cheaper versus our regular rate which gives the flexibility to cancel up to 6p day of arrival. I hope this helps clarify some things you have encountered during your stay.

Again, I apologized. Comments like yours are a great opportunity for us to learn and improve in servicing our guests.

Thank you!

720-479-6526
Missoula, Montana, United States
Reviewed June 1, 2012

We stayed three nights for a family wedding and honestly don't have one negative comment to make. This hotel is right off the freeway and extremely close to restaurants, grocery stores and just about anything else your looking for. Not too far from the mall as well. It was extremely clean and the staff were fantastic!! About the only thing I cannot comment on is the breakfast as we never did eat there due to wanting to try out some other places. The exercise room was really nice with a big window into the pool so you could watch your kids if you wanted to workout. Definitely two thumbs up!! (Also I booked this whole trip through Orbitz and the rate I received on this room was amazing!!)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Pamela S
har73, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Denver / Highlands Ranch, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out the trip advisor survey. It was such a treat to hear your wonderful comments about our hotel and staff. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay.

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn-Highlands Ranch.

New York City, New York
Reviewed May 26, 2012

I have stayed a number of times at HGI HR / South Denver. The staff, service, and rooms are consistently excellent. Several business and personal trips to Highlands Ranch have resulted in my staying at this HGI, and I am always glad to have chosen this property.

The one time I experienced a problem while staying, the property's on-site manager, Mr. Verity, responded to my email the same evening and had fully rectified the situation the following day. It is nice to have a manager address the issue and resolve beyond the guest's expectations whilst a stay is in progress.

During my long visits to the area, I have purchased for the front desk staff gift cards for their friendliness and hospitality -- they are that great! They truly are an amazing staff, and I look forward to seeing them again when visiting family and associates in the greater-Denver area.

One word of advice: avoid rooms immediately adjacent to the elevators. They seem to be particularly loud at this location.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jared E
Thank you for taking the time to fill out the trip advisor survey. I'm glad to hear of your consistently good experience at our hotel.

It would be my pleasure to share your wonderful comments to our staff as and our General Manager (Bill Verity). Again, thank you for your loyalty to the Hilton Garden Inn-Highlands Ranch.

We are looking forward to your next visit.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I love this hotel. I travel there monthly for work and can not say enough wonderful things about it. The staff is amazing, the rooms immaculate and it's a great location. The breakfast is wonderful and I've had several of their dinner menu options now and they were all great. I travel a lot for work and this is one of the best hotel staff out there!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MNtrvL
har73, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Denver / Highlands Ranch, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to post on tripadvisor. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and will continue to stay with us.

Please don't hesistate to contact me directly should you need anything. Again, thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn-Highlands Ranch.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed May 15, 2012

This was a return trip to HGI in Highlands Ranch; we stayed here last year during the Summer for several nights, too. Check in was quick, easy and friendly, Room was clean, very quiet, comfortable beds with a wonderful shower. The pool is small, but warm and perfect for a quick dip - the spa was very relaxing! All staff at the front desk were extremely warm, helpful and friendly at all times, and always quick to bring us extra towels when we called. We didn't eat on site, so we can't rate the Restaurant or Breakfast services, but there are several really yummy restaurants very close to the Hotel (driving distance within a mile or two). The price, again this year, was exceptionally reasonable and I'm always happy to return for the reasonable prices and wonderful, quiet accommodations complimented by gorgeous views. Will return again next year hopefully!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Highlands Ranch
Home2 Suites by Hilton Denver Highlands Ranch
Home2 Suites by Hilton Denver Hi...
#2 of 6 in Highlands Ranch
Courtyard by Marriott Denver Southwest / Littleton
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Highlands Ranch
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Littleton
Comfort Suites Highlands Ranch Denver Tech Center Area
Residence Inn Denver Highlands Ranch

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Denver / Highlands Ranch? Share your experiences!