“Absolutely the best, and not typical hot dogs”
Review of Bernie's Hot Dog Co. - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bernie's Hot Dog Co.
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 3, 2013

It seems strange to rave about a hot dog place, but ever since we moved here, we have enthusiastically returned every single week to Bernie's. They have unusually diverse types of hot dogs, and their Bison dogs have no nitrates. They are always delicious, and the service is beyond excellent. They remember you, what you want, and bend over backwards to satisfy. Reece is terrific, always has a smile and does everything he can to help. They have veggie dogs, turkey dogs, and a host of others I haven't yet tried. Anyone in this area should give this place a try!

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I love a good Chicago-style hotdog. This place does them right! I've already been twice in my two days here for work.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Denver boasts some great hotdog spots -- Biker Jim's and Steve's Snappin' Dogs to name two. We had hoped for some of their quality when Bernie's opened in the Ranch. Alas, this is as pedestrian as they come. Nothing special about the dogs or their accoutrements. The salads were poor quality and the overall experience was lackluster. We won't be back!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

My hubby and I have been meaning to try Bernie's Hot Dog Co. for quite some time. We finally made it over to the joint and looked forward to our down and dirty meal of hot dogs and other really-bad-for-us food items. I have to say, we were pretty disappointed.

We have read several great reviews about Bernie's on other websites - so our level of expectation was pretty high. We ordered the Coney Dog - but the chili on the dog was runny and definitely not a coney style. The bun was also more like a hoagie - not soft and chewy whatsoever. The combination left us literally with a bad taste in our mouth. So disappointed. Several other places in town do this better - heck - even Sonic has a better coney dog! Sad.

We also ordered the mini corn dogs. What's not to love about a mini corn dog? Eeesh. These had little flavor, and the flavor they did have was a sour, rancid taste. Didn't even finish them off. Mustard didn't even help. Now we were growing even more frustrated.

Our final item of order was the chicken sliders. They recommended them as buffalo, however after a long-night out Saturday evening, our stomachs weren't up for buffalo and blue cheese. Instead, they recommended ranch dressing and cheese. Meh...again, that sour, rancid taste kept coming into our palates. Was something wrong with their kitchen to produce such rancid flavors?

The only, kind-of, saving grace was the french fries. But we didn't go there for fries, honestly. And if I'm rating the fries, honestly I have had a lot better. :(

We really wanted to like Bernie's Hot Dog Co. Really. Truly. This just wasn't it for us. And for a $20+ bill (that's a LOT for a hot dog, etc.) we simply do not see ourselves returning. Perhaps this is a great place for others, but just not for us.