“Excellent, real food and great service”
Review of Old Blinking Light

Old Blinking Light
Reserve with OpenTable
Old Blinking Light is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highlands Ranch Parkway
Transit: RTD bus route has multiple transits that will get you 200 yards from the restaurant. The stop will be the town center in Highlands Ranch.
Description: Whether you are looking for a relaxing lunch, family-friendly dinner or night out to enjoy excellent margaritas, the Old Blinking Light welcomes you! Influenced by a Taos, NM background, the superb menu offers a wide range of fresh flavors and tastes. American food with a Southwest soul!
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
“Excellent, real food and great service”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

My husband and I have come here many times right before they close the kitchen and they are so courteous and go out of their way to make you feel welcome. The food is fantastic! Every dish I've tried is one to savor. It is really a place to go where you can have beautifully prepared real food, and they are very knowledgeable about gluten free options.

• Visited November 2013

Hollywood, FL
“Consistently Very Good”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

We finally found a restaurant in Highlands Ranch that we can take visiting family, friends, and even clients and all rave about it. The atmosphere is very upscale and is matched by upscale comfort food favorites. I love the house smoked baby back ribs but my husband goes for the Herb Garden 1/2 Chicken every time. Last night friends we brought raved about their meals which were the Kings Ranch Casserole (Green Chile and Cheese Stacked Enchiladas) and the Fish & Chips. Menu is reasonably price and restaurant tends to get very busy on the weekends (1 hour wait last night without a reservation) but Open Table makes it easy to book the OBL. Only reason it is not rated excellent as the wait staff tends to be on the younger, less experienced side so we've had a few experiences where the service has not been as "crisp" as you might expect, but we dine out often so our expectations may be higher than most. All in all we love this place!

• Visited November 2013
Denver, Colorado
“One of only a few upscale spots in HR”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Ok I misspoke in my review of Indulge Wine Bar when I said it was the only upscale restaurant in Highlands Ranch. I suppose Old Blinking Light is also relatively upscale. It's good too, been here three times and enjoyed every meal. I don't like it as much as Indulge though...they do have cool outdoor seating and a great bar.

Visited August 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Great food, even better service! A gem in the suburbs”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I have been to "OBL" a few times over the years. I've always thought it was a good place, especially for Highlands Ranch, the land of chain restaurants. My husband and I went for an impromptu bite after a family gathering. We had nachos which were amazing. Fresh queso, homemade chips and guac. Yum! They have a fantastic wine list and fresh salads. I've always been pleased with the food.
However, I am even more impressed this time around with the people and customer service there. You don't need me to tell you that quality customer service is lacking these days. On our way in, we saw a man sitting on the sidewalk who liked like he might be pretty hungry (unusual for "the ranch.") Upon ordering, hubby ordered and extra burger to go to give to this man. When he went to deliver this juicy burger, the man had left. We asked our wonderful and attentive server, Stacie, if she knew of him. She did and he is a somewhat regular fixture. She told us if we didn't find him, they'd make sure he got a burger on the house the next time they saw him. Pretty nice, huh? It doesn't end there. After this exchange, the manager Mikial came over and gave a sincere and very heartfelt thank you for the generosity and in return gave us a gift card for our kindness! That was so unnecessary of him, we had no intention of anybody even knowing the plan. The fact that they recognized this and paid it forward was just awesome. We really need more people and places like this. I can tell you that we will without a doubt be back many times, despite the thirty minute drive. They have earned loyal customers for life. And we will be re-paying it forward ASAP. Thank Stacie and Mikial, OBL is lucky to have you!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank traveljunkie007
“Great food and atmosphere!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed a date night at OBL. Both the food and service were very good and the restaurant is very nice. We would definitely return!

1 Thank EGS10