“One of only a few upscale spots in HR”
Review of Old Blinking Light

Old Blinking Light
Reserve with OpenTable
Old Blinking Light is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highlands Ranch Parkway
Transit: RTD bus route has multiple transits that will get you 200 yards from the restaurant. The stop will be the town center in Highlands Ranch.
Description: Whether you are looking for a relaxing lunch, family-friendly dinner or night out to enjoy excellent margaritas, the Old Blinking Light welcomes you! Influenced by a Taos, NM background, the superb menu offers a wide range of fresh flavors and tastes. American food with a Southwest soul!
Denver, Colorado
“One of only a few upscale spots in HR”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Ok I misspoke in my review of Indulge Wine Bar when I said it was the only upscale restaurant in Highlands Ranch. I suppose Old Blinking Light is also relatively upscale. It's good too, been here three times and enjoyed every meal. I don't like it as much as Indulge though...they do have cool outdoor seating and a great bar.

Visited August 2013

Denver, Colorado
“Great food, even better service! A gem in the suburbs”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I have been to "OBL" a few times over the years. I've always thought it was a good place, especially for Highlands Ranch, the land of chain restaurants. My husband and I went for an impromptu bite after a family gathering. We had nachos which were amazing. Fresh queso, homemade chips and guac. Yum! They have a fantastic wine list and fresh salads. I've always been pleased with the food.
However, I am even more impressed this time around with the people and customer service there. You don't need me to tell you that quality customer service is lacking these days. On our way in, we saw a man sitting on the sidewalk who liked like he might be pretty hungry (unusual for "the ranch.") Upon ordering, hubby ordered and extra burger to go to give to this man. When he went to deliver this juicy burger, the man had left. We asked our wonderful and attentive server, Stacie, if she knew of him. She did and he is a somewhat regular fixture. She told us if we didn't find him, they'd make sure he got a burger on the house the next time they saw him. Pretty nice, huh? It doesn't end there. After this exchange, the manager Mikial came over and gave a sincere and very heartfelt thank you for the generosity and in return gave us a gift card for our kindness! That was so unnecessary of him, we had no intention of anybody even knowing the plan. The fact that they recognized this and paid it forward was just awesome. We really need more people and places like this. I can tell you that we will without a doubt be back many times, despite the thirty minute drive. They have earned loyal customers for life. And we will be re-paying it forward ASAP. Thank Stacie and Mikial, OBL is lucky to have you!

1 Thank traveljunkie007
“Great food and atmosphere!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed a date night at OBL. Both the food and service were very good and the restaurant is very nice. We would definitely return!

1 Thank EGS10
Houston
“Great Fire Pit”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We went on a Saturday night. There would have been a wait to sit inside, but there was no wait to sit on the patio. It was a chilly night, but they had a giant fire pit and they shaded off the porch so it was actually quite warm. I ordered the fish and chips, which was delicious. The waiter was courteous and efficient. I would have liked more choices for local, craft beer, but otherwise it was a great restaurant.

Denver
“Doesn’t feel like the Suburbs, food is Tasty and Prices are Reasonable”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I went here for dinner on a Saturday night with a groupon (not the prix-fixed).
We are new to the suburbs and have struggled to find somewhere close that is more adult friendly, until we found OBL.
The atmosphere and decor were neat, I couldn't place what the style would be but the large fire wall was very Colorado.
We split the deviled eggs as an appetizer, they had jalapenos and bacon in them. They were really good and I thought reasonably priced.
For my meal I had the king ranch casserole and added chicken. This could have easily been split between the two of us. It was delicious.
My husband had the mac and cheese with chicken, it was also good but nothing special.
For dessert we had the banana quick bread with ice cream, peanut butter and chocolate. This was a highlight of the meal.
The service was very attentive and our glasses were never empty.
It really had a downtown feel but with free parking and a quicker trip home.
I would recommend this restaurant and we plan to return.
We made reservations the day of, which I would recommend.

1 Thank anf720