“Yuck”

Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 129 Restaurants in Highlands Ranch
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Yosemite
Transit: Light rail stop on Lincoln is less than half a mile away. Light rail on County Line is one mile away.
Description: Located on the South side of the United Artists Meadows 12 Movie Theater and near Park Meadows Mall, the Park Meadows Rio is where good people, a unique atmosphere, and honest, wholesome ingredients make everything better. Great happy hour with outdoor patios, private space & large party reservations available. We offer a festive & delicious experience for all ages.
Highlands Ranch, Co.
“Yuck”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

The food is average to bad, and the place always seems dirty to me. The margaritas are supposed to pull a punch (they used to) but on my last visit, they seemed to lose their punch. I only went because my daughter wanted to go. I pointed out the filth to her and she agreed, she doesn't want to return.

Visited May 2012
Susan O, General Manager at Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
I am so sorry to hear about your experience at the Rio - that is the opposite of the experience you deserve & not the one we strive to deliver. Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your visit; without people letting us know how we're doing we could never improve. If you would like to come back and give us another chance, please ask to speak with a manager on duty and we would be happy to treat you to an appetizer or drink of your choice.
Susan

Littleton, Colorado
“The best of the best”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Rio Grande has been a favorite of ours for years. The Lone Tree Version does not disappoint. If you want great Margs and appetizers go 4-6 pm and have the specials. Guac, Tacos, Nachos are all great and very generous as well as reasonable. It you plan on more than one Marg be sure to have a driver!

• Visited April 2012
Longmont, Colorado
“Before you fy !”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

We had lunch at the Rio befor we went indoor skydiving . It was great loved the chili reino.

Visited March 2012
AURORA
“Explosion of fresh flavors!”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

As a discerning foodie I was thinking this place was just another mediocre Mexican food restaurant. But boy, was I surprised! This place makes their tortillas fresh on site and all the food tastes homemade, not canned or reconstituted! The green chili was made with freshly roasted chiles and tender chunks of meat, not frozen anything! My husband had the spinach enchiladas which were awesome. I had the half quesadilla (steak and cheese)with green chili and could not stop praising the tastiness of the food! I was pleasantly surprised. We were told the margaritas are awesome, so we will be back for certain!! I highly recommend this place.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank peetieswie
“Poor quality of pork”
Reviewed December 4, 2011

I often eat at the Rio in Boulder and in Lodo.I have always enjoyed my meal.This time I
ordered something with braised pork in it.The pork was so full of grizzled/ fat pork that
even a pitbull couldn't have eaten it.The waiter took it off of my bill.I had only taken
three bites.I was surprised the manager didn't come over.Our other meal was fine.
Service was good.