“Great Place”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Highlands Ranch
Huntington Beach, California
“Great Place”
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Great, spacious rooms, with an outstanding, friendly staff. I really enjoyed the complementary hot breakfast, many options beyond the “standard” free breakfast. Room had great updated appliances and 2 flat screen TVs. I’m very picky about my bed, and I got an amazing night sleep in their comfortable beds. Just all around a great place to stay in Highlands Ranch. I will return!!

Room Tip: Rooms in the west building on a higher floor have a great mountain view.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Reviewed October 6, 2011

I stayed here with two other colleagues. One of them woke up in the middle of the night because he was being bitten by bed bugs. Not one bed bug, a colony of them in room #207. The hotel manager, Linda Long was defensive - and at one point said that perhaps my colleague had brought them in. Since we all flew from our home, this is unlikely to say the least. She also said, 'well bed bugs aren't going to kill you'. While that may be correct, it is a disgusting thing to find them in your bed, and the bites get worse--itchier and painful as the days go on. Her dismissiveness made the experience even more unpleasant. It was a bad situation, made worse by her attitude. DO NOT STAY HERE! They obviously don't care about their patrons. I am attaching photos

Room Tip: Check your room for bed bugs before you stay. Pull back the sheets at the foot of the bed. If you...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
11 Thank Salhowl
residencinnhr, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Highlands Ranch, responded to this review, October 10, 2011
I enjoy speaking to all of our guests and respect and value your feedback. I want to personally apologize for the issue you and your colleague experienced during your recent stay at our hotel. We do care about all the guests that stay at our hotel by taking pride in our hotel and maintaining exceptional standards. We never want our guests to have this type of issue. Marriott has one of the most comprehensive training programs for employees including how to perform routine inspections and action plans to undertake once this type of issue is reported. We know you have many choices and we want you to feel comfortable during your stay while traveling. I want to meet the needs of our guests by addressing any issue they may have during their stay.

Linda Long
San Diego, California
Reviewed October 4, 2011

No surprises. Pleasant open floor plan. Surprisingly good breakfast for me (who can't eat carbs) as well as for my wife who loves carbs! And the chef was extremely hospital and eager to serve and engage with the guests.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank makadonka
Berthoud CO
Reviewed October 1, 2011

All suites!

Spacious and comfy rooms quiet. Clean large modern bathroom, 2 flat screen tvs. Super nice wait staff at the FREE and HOT breakfast. The food is a way nicer than your average continental free breakfasts at most hotels.

The location is great too. Easy access to I-25 and I-470. Movies are across the street. Lots of shopping and restaurants nearby.

I could live here.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
residencinnhr, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Denver Highlands Ranch, responded to this review, October 3, 2011
Thank you for your review! Were so glad you like our suites. I agree that our full hot breakfast offers a variety. My favorite is the breakfast burritos with some hot sauce or if I am in a hurry I can grab a bagel with some cream cheese. We hope you return soon to visit your home away from home!
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Room- this was a standard Residence Inn room if you are familiar with them. Deco is the same along with amenities. The kitchen is a great feature. This one had a stove top, no oven, but microwave.
We stayed in 102, wouldn't recommend this room or others by the door. Could hear everybody going up an down the steps.
Location- It was 40 min from airport. I would recommend a rental car for this area. There was as AMC movie theater across the parking lot and other familiar chain restaurants.
There was also a mall close by. Overall a good place to stay.

• Stayed September 2011
Irvine, California
Reviewed September 1, 2011

I have stayed in many Residence Inn's across the Nation and my Husband lived in one for months but I must say I was most disappointed in this one. We arrived in Highlands Ranch to attend a Funeral and booked a room for 3 Nights. The sofa was supposed to pull out into a bed but the sofa was small and we had alot of noise from people running around above us and dogs barking. The Hot Tub was not in working order so it was luke warm water and the jets did not work. The rooms were miniature sized and were not very clean. The good part was the location.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
residencinnhr, Manager at Residence Inn Denver Highlands Ranch, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. We appreciate your loyalty to the Residence Inn by Marriott. We have discussed these issues in our team meeting. We want all of our guests to feel relaxed during their stay at our hotel. Give us a second chance and we guarantee your next stay will not be disappointing.

Sales Manager- Sherry
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed July 26, 2011

I would definitely stay here. Was here for 5 nites with staying at a 2 bedroom and it was the best!!!! Location, very clean, everyone that worked there very amiable, willing to please!!!! It was hot like S. Jersey so the pool really came in handy!!!! Don't hesitate!! Stay here!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Highlands Ranch
Home2 Suites by Hilton Denver Highlands Ranch
Home2 Suites by Hilton Denver Hi...
#2 of 6 in Highlands Ranch
Hilton Garden Inn Denver / Highlands Ranch
Courtyard by Marriott Denver Southwest / Littleton
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Highlands Ranch
Comfort Suites Highlands Ranch Denver Tech Center Area
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Littleton

Been to Residence Inn Denver Highlands Ranch? Share your experiences!