“Kennebec Cafe was amazing”
Review of The Kennebec

The Kennebec
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Hesperus
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Elizabeth, Colorado
“Kennebec Cafe was amazing”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We had my sons rehearsal dinner at the Kennebec and they were absolutely amazing...the food was 5 star and the service (Jenny) could not have been better. I thought it would be hard trying to do this from out of town...but Barbara and Adrienne were above and beyond helpful.

• Visited June 2011
2 Thank jeanniekey

Issaquah, Washington
“A never miss destination for us”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We own property in the area and each time we visit we eat at Kennebec Cafe. It cannot be beat. Excellent food, always consistent, something to look forward to on our visits.

• Visited November 2010
Durango, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This is about the best restaurant I've ever been to... anywhere.”
Reviewed January 26, 2011

It's hard to say more than that. The food is always top notch, with flavors you won't find anywhere else. The service is excellent. The owner, Barbara, is ever present greeting her old friends and regular customers, who seem to be most of the crowd. We usually are quite satisfied with the "lighter fare" menu, but the full entrés are wonderful. Deserts are treasures. And you can't beat the views of the La Plata Mountains. This is where we always go out with friends for brunch or dinner.

• Visited January 2011
1 Thank DoctorTNT
Flagstaff, Arizona
“4 Thanksgivings in a row”
Reviewed January 20, 2011

We ate there last weekend and thought of all the times we have been to Kennebec, including the past 4 Thanksgivings. The atmosphere, service, and food have always been top notch. The Sour Cream Apple Pie is the best pie I've ever had, bar none, and I've had it 3 times now. Nothing on the menu disappoints. The bread is always warm and fresh, salads crisp and original, appetizers divine (their flatbread being my favorite) and meals heavenly. Book ahead and ask for a window table, provided you arrive before dark. Enjoy!

• Visited January 2011
Colorado
“Outstanding Food and Service”
Reviewed December 18, 2010

My wife and I live in Southwest Colorado and have eaten at most of the fine dining establishments in the area. We have also traveled extensively and like to find great restaurants. We did not realize we had a great one nearby in the Kennebec. Restaurant listings in Durango are lucky Kennebec isn't included in their listing as Kennebec would outclass them all. We were first introduced to the Kennebec at a social brunch we attended, which was excellent. After that, my wife book her small office party there for last night. There were 7 of us and all of us went away very pleased. I really do believe that it was the best overall meal I have EVER eaten. I ordered the Lamb, which was a grilled rack cut into chops for serving with a side of rosemary hash browns. The best lamb I have had anywhere. My wife had the special, which was a NY Strip with a sauce which included shrimp. I got to try it, and it was also excellent. I finished with an awesome chocolate custard, which I unfortunately could not finish as I was over-stuffed by that point from all the great food. Also, the service and setting is also spectacular. As for menu and prices, it is well designed. The steaks and chops run $25-$30, which was reasonable considering the meal. They also serve a "lighter fares" menu, which don't include the salad or as big of portions, but fit well with people not wanting as large of a meal. That menu ran $12-$18. Well done Kennebec, we will be back!