“A wonderful Inn”
Review of The Timble Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Timble
The Timble Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Timble B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 21, 2010

We have just returned from a wonderful stay at The Timble Inn in Timble after seeing it in Cheshire Life. An excellent place to relax and recharge the batteries. The room was very comfortable, the evening meal and breakfast were delicious and the service could not of been better.
Many thanks to you all for such an enjoyable weekend.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 7, 2010

I went to the Timble Inn on Sunday for a late lunch/early supper and the food was delicious. Friendly staff greeted us at the bar and our drinks were served before we had time to take our coats off. I can thoroughly recommend the posh prawn cocktail - they didn't stint on the rose marie sauce and the prawns were big and juicy. I then had the roast beef which was excellent - rare, tender and lots of it. The beef came with a really big proper Yorkshire pudding, roast potatoes to die for and a decent selection of veggies. All in all a really fab meal, great atmosphere and great service.

In fact, I was so impressed I have booked our company Christmas Do there as I know the staff there will make it a really special night.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 20, 2010

We arrived with very young children and dog to celebrate a family birthday. What a lovely surprise, having never visited this neck of the woods. The staff were very welcoming and the rooms extremely well presented and comfortable, The children were catered for happily prior to our dinner, which was delicious. We would recommended the Timble to anyone wishing to enjoy a relaxed and happy atmosphere.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2010

We recently visited this place for my wife's 50th , we had to arrive early due to them being full but when we got there the reception we received was cold the staff were not friendly and not attentive and the ambience of the place and the overall experience was underwhelming.
The place was empty apart from 6 very noisy drinkers with their bawdy tales smatterd with bad language and rather than give us a table in a quiter location we had to sit 5 yards away from them,if the place had been full I would of understood but at the time we were the only diners and the Landlord/owner could see what was happening and knew we were unhappy but chose to stand with them and join in rather than amend the situation.
As it was a special occasion I had intended to order champagne but we was not even offered the wine list and the service was so bad that during the meal we ran out of drinks and their was no service even though the landlord /owner was stood watching therefore I had to leave the table and go to the Bar to order a drink,the man just does not seem to care of have any sense of duty to his customers
When the food arrived it was OK and no more than that and I am not judging this on the poor service and unpleasant atmosphere because if the food was special this would have overcome any other issues but it was not.
There were issues with the food and I though some of the dishes were cold and no more than basic pub grub but when they are selling Pie and Chips for £14 it should be good but again very disappointing.
I know there have been good reviews and the majority of those are people who have stayed and enjoyed the walking and the rooms look nice and coupled with OK food I can see the appeal BUT if you are looking for a special night and a great meal with a lovely ambience and a pleasant atmosphere this place is not for you .
All great restaurants have a superb ' Front of House' but this has nobody and the most annoying thing is the Landlord /Owner knew we were unhappy he must of seen the poor service but did nothing to please us and let us leave his establishment feeling thoroughly let down and so dissapointed and although my Wife had a great birthday during the day it was let down by the evening celebration.
The Timble Inn have my contact details but have made no effort to discuss or apolgise for the evening they gave us and that is probably the best Indicator to their level of standards.
This part of the country has some great places to eat and the Timble Inn on this evidence is not one of them and although they are keeping busy at the moment from what I experienced and listening to the diners who came in later and sat next to ourselves and was discussing their offerings in a less than complimentary manner they will struggle to compete with the competion

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank wesleyCastleford
Reviewed September 27, 2010

Excellent food at reasonable prices, a beautiful location, a welcoming bar with great service and very pleasant staff and a beautifully appointed room. It couldn't be better.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2010

The room was perfect in every detail with beautiful furnishings.
Staff very pleasant and helpful.
First class food and service, great atmosphere and fantastic location.
Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2010

Stayed two nights while on a cycling weekend with friends. We were all very impressed with the standard of the rooms, and the friendliness of the staff. The quality of the evening meal on both nights was excellent. The only minor niggle, and one on which I agree with other reviewers, is that despite a bit of over-indulgence the night before, we were kicking our heels a bit waiting for Sunday breakfast to start at 9.30. Otherwise a great place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends

Been to The Timble Inn? Share your experiences!