“NEW OWNERS, NEW MANAGEMENT, NEW STAFF”

Boondocks Dining Room & Lounge
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Beautifully situated on the water in Eastern Passage, NS. Boondocks has (of Jan 2013) changed owners, chef and menu and will be open 11am - 9pm daily from early March 2013.
Halifax, Canada
“NEW OWNERS, NEW MANAGEMENT, NEW STAFF”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The former dump, now is a very good place to eat. The menu is huge. The portions are excellent. There is a special every day. The prices are just right. The bathrooms are very clean. The desert menu is amazing. The deck is right on the ocean and it is amazing. Inside the place is very cozy and warm. What a difference new owners, new management, and new staff make. Try the place you will like it! Great spot for staff parties now.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank AngusLeBlanc

Halifax, Canada
“New Management Has A Great Opportunity.....”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

New owners have a great opportunity in this seaside restaurant. The biggest patio and only seaside one in Dartmouth gives them a huge competitive advantage. Having said that, our recent experience was not good. The first hot Friday night and they didn't have enough staff to meet the demand and did a poor job of trying. We waited for our waiter to take our drink orders, and he finally did. Only NS wines on the menu; a noble offering, but you need to supplement it with some reliable standbys. Not everyone is content with NS Wines. A good beer selection. Prices were reasonable. When I asked the waiter what was popular he mentioned the 10lb lobster for $115. I asked him to elaborate on the choices and he couldn't. I had a burger and salad. My friend had the special; bruschetta, haddock, and rice , which the waiter only told us about after the rest of us had ordered. Later he came back and told us they had no bruschetta and didn't offer a substitution even when prompted. The white wine was warm. I was hoping for a chilled white on a patio on a hot day:( My burger was very good with a lobster sauce, but the salad wasn't washed, as I could taste grit when I dug in. The other meals were good, but overall the service was poor and the ability to handle the crowd was weak. When our bills came, I had to ask for some consideration for the salad. The waiter apologized and modified the bill with a $4 discount. He should have comped my meal. Serving me dirt and not making me pay for it was not enough.
I'll go back for drinks some day, but wont order food until several others tell me they had a great experience. I wish them good luck, but hope they can get some professional help to manage the restaurant soon. You're only as good as your last meal and there's too much competition to disappoint your customers

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank P W
Dartmouth, Canada
“Fish & Chips”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Great daily specials, really fresh local seafood. Lovely view and patio area over looking the ocean and atmosphere, great experience.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Brii10
Halifax, Canada
“Looking forward to going again”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I just visited Boondocks for the first time on May 13, 2013. I went there for lunch with 4 friends before heading back home to Ottawa. What a wonderful place to visit prior to having to say good bye to Nova Scotia. It is right on the water and has a wonderful nautical theme. We had a variety of dishes - all day breakfast, Boondocks burger and clubhouse sandwiches. I had the fish cakes with beans. All the plates were clean by the time we were finished - I think that says it all!! Free refills on the pop. Prices are reasonable. Fast and friendly service from Sandra. I look forward to visiting again during my next visit to Halifax.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Acadia80
Paget Parish, Bermuda
“Great Restaurant and a good view”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Every time we visit Nova Scotia we stop in at Boondocks. What a nice restaurant with wonderful food. The staff are friendly and the view in the summer is really pretty. After your meal, you can take a walk on the beach and surrounding areas as there are little shacks that you can purchase tourist items or an ice cream, coffee, etc. It's beautiful seeing the coloured wooden buildings and fishing boats when they are docked.

• Visited April 2013