“Will Never Return!”

Boondocks Dining Room & Lounge
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Beautifully situated on the water in Eastern Passage, NS. Boondocks has (of Jan 2013) changed owners, chef and menu and will be open 11am - 9pm daily from early March 2013.
Reviewed December 14, 2012

My husband, two sons and our newborn daughter reserved us a table for Mother's Day. As residents of Eastern Passage it was a place we frequently visited, until that dreadful day. Kids meals were nothing special, my husband ordered the full rack rib dinner and being Mother's Day, I thought it would be a nice treat to have the lobster dinner. 50 minutes later our orders arrived, it was not busy in the dining area at this time. When I cracked my lobster from its body, the insides actually oozed out on the plate! We quickly spoke to the manager who just happened to walk by and he took my plate to resolve the issue of the uncooked lobster. 35 minutes later, after my children had finished their "wonderful" dinners my plate arrived. It was the same lobster and was STILL uncooked. Less than satisfied was an understatement. We paid for our appetizer of mussels and the kids meals and informed the extremely rude, uncooperative manager that we will never return and tell everyone we know about this terrible experience. Stay away....unless you like eating raw lobster and receiving poor service.

3  Thank Lynn C

Reviewed November 29, 2012

This place has great fish and chips. I liked all of the seafood that I have ever eaten here, The boardwalk is close and lunch or dinner after a walk is always a good way to spend time, The little shops in the area are great as well but only open in the summertime. Too bad. I would like to shop there throughout the seasons.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Food was mediocre at best (and I'm being generous).
Nice spot from an scenic point of view, but the Eastern Passage area is a bit of an eyesore to be perfectly honest. Lots of industry nearby (Car ports, refinery's, etc) Take away the industrial smoke stacks, the shacks and the residential component and you've got a beautiful location. Too bad people always seem to spoil these things.

2  Thank Wayne T
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We had dinner yesterday for our wedding anniversary and enjoyed it immensely. The dining room is beautifully arranged and the service was outstanding. Our meals were beautifully cooked and presented. The prices are very reasonable and the atmosphere so pleasant that we would recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Great atmosphere and great food!! The service is excellent! Try the German food and the desserts - amazing! We will be back for sure!